Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back to education allowance refused

Options
  • 18-09-2012 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi i am just beginning the 2nd year of a fetac level 5 course and was told the gud news last week that i was entitled to BTEA but the bad new is i wont get it as i never applied for it at the beginning of first year by a social welfare inspector.i am so mad as with everyone money is tight.my husband is claiming jobseekers allowance for us both and our kids and upon entry of the course last year i was told that as he was claiming for me i was not entitled to anything which i listened to by the personel at my school.we hav 160 euros means deducted each week which i hav been told would of been tapered.I applied this year and hav been refused as it is to late, but i am entitled not to appeal but for review.has this ever happened to anyone and what are my chances?what should i do or whom should i contact?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 4 evopat41

Hi, was wondering if you could define what a fulltime course is, i am starting a fetac level 5 course in Oct, and would need to apply for bte, as i will have extra costs like petrol etc. The course is monday-friday, 9.30-1.30. i was just wondering if this would be classed as a fulltime course, cus i dont think you are eligible for bte if it is part time. I am a dependent on my partners jobseekers allowance. any advice woud be great. Thanks.

Advertisement