Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The trouble with the Irish

• 18-09-2012 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'll try and get the ball rolling(and feel free to stop me if you’ve heard these before). First off, the notion that the Irish are a polite race is a myth of our own machination. We're all bastards. Also we don't have a 'unique' sense of humor that’s all nonsense, we have the same sense of humor as England, it’s just that our's comes in a different accent. Did you know that 'craic' isn't even an Irish word!?! Our celebrities are poop and even if they were any good we’d still say they’re poop because we begrudge everything and everyone. All people ever do is drink and there’s nothing, absolutely nothing for teetotalers to do. Nothing. God knows they’ve tried to look for alternatives. Our population consists almost exclusively of junkies, alcoholics, corrupt politicians, and people who are swamped in debt because they were such a shower of greedy bastards during our so-called Celtic tiger. The only people that are proud of the country are ignorant premiership football following gob****es who despise the English because of a vague notion of history that they can never properly articulate. Tales of the famine are greatly exaggerated and we're all a bunch of cowards 'cause we didn't take part in WWII. And did you know that 'craic' isn't even an Irish word!?!In Dublin, our nations capital, the shops, amenities, transport etc. are utterly feeble when compared to cities such as Berlin, Paris, New York, Barcelona, Mogadishu and many more. Not that you’d want to travel around the city any way, what with all the ugly Irish people about. Plus….sit down for this one…Guinness isn’t even Irish!?!I cried for two days after I heard this first and would never dream of telling my father for fear of what it would do to his weak heart. Don’t get me started on the weather.

All these problems, all these lies that we live with. But do you know what the worst one is? That ‘craic’ isn’t even an Irish word. That stings.

Comments

2/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

The Irish? A grand bunch o'lads!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭carrick79

Bad night OP?

Here, at least these are Irish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

To quote father Jack, feck off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I preferred the OP's goosef*cking anecdote to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

thread needs paragraphs ;)
    Some of us have astigmatism :(

LuciusPax wrote: »
    I'll try and get the ball rolling(and feel free to stop me if you’ve heard these before). First off, the notion that the Irish are a polite race is a myth of our own machination. We're all bastards. Also we don't have a 'unique' sense of humor that’s all nonsense, we have the same sense of humor as England, it’s just that our's comes in a different accent. Did you know that 'craic' isn't even an Irish word!?! Our celebrities are poop and even if they were any good we’d still say they’re poop because we begrudge everything and everyone. All people ever do is drink and there’s nothing, absolutely nothing for teetotalers to do. Nothing. God knows they’ve tried to look for alternatives. Our population consists almost exclusively of junkies, alcoholics, corrupt politicians, and people who are swamped in debt because they were such a shower of greedy bastards during our so-called Celtic tiger. The only people that are proud of the country are ignorant premiership football following gob****es who despise the English because of a vague notion of history that they can never properly articulate. Tales of the famine are greatly exaggerated and we're all a bunch of cowards 'cause we didn't take part in WWII. And did you know that 'craic' isn't even an Irish word!?!In Dublin, our nations capital, the shops, amenities, transport etc. are utterly feeble when compared to cities such as Berlin, Paris, New York, Barcelona, Mogadishu and many more. Not that you’d want to travel around the city any way, what with all the ugly Irish people about. Plus….sit down for this one…Guinness isn’t even Irish!?!I cried for two days after I heard this first and would never dream of telling my father for fear of what it would do to his weak heart. Don’t get me started on the weather.

All these problems, all these lies that we live with. But do you know what the worst one is? That ‘craic’ isn’t even an Irish word. That stings.

What's this "we" business you keep talking about? Speak for your fcukin' self, mate!

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

I preferred the OP's goosef*cking anecdote to this.

yeah that was the money shot.

blew his wad, way too soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Oh look... it's another self-loathing gobdaw who thinks he's got something important to say but only talks bollocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

LuciusPax wrote: »

AH almost completely summed up one one post.

Bravo sir.

Second post and you have this place sussed.

• Advertisement

Oh look... it's another self-loathing gobdaw who thinks he's got something important to say but only talks bollocks.

He's clearly taking the piss out of 99% of the posts on AH...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

shut up op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Seaneh wrote: »
    He's clearly taking the piss out of 99% of the posts on AH...

Oh?

Hard to tell the difference sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LuciusPax

Self Loathing!I'm very proud to be Irish

Oh?

Hard to tell the difference sometimes.

He basically complied the ****e from most of the threads on the front page and made a post out of it all.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Autobots or Decepticons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

The trouble with the Irish is loose bowels...it's all in the bowels....

Lets be honest

We are angry with each other.

For letting each other down...with those who kept voting Fianna Fáil....

We are angry really for not caring about each other.....

You are angry with yourselves.....

You are meant to look after each other

All of these threads are people who are hurt making WAAH WAAH sounds

This is what it's meant to be like...people looking out for each other...one minute in :-D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSorEwCM7Fw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And it was well worth the effort. Really it was! :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement