Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best data micro sim in Castletroy??

• 18-09-2012 5:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I am a new student in Limerick (Castletroy) and live in one of the student accommodations outside UL, we don't have WiFi to use the internet in this accommodation, I need to use the internet on my iPad by purchasing a micro sim, but I don't know which service is the best to use.

these choices what I have found :
    - Vodafone (5GB usage Allowance) by €20
    - O2 (5GB usage Allowance) by €20
    - Three ( 15GB usage Allowance) by €20

All these plans are monthly.
    So, what do you suggest me to use between these offers as you may have experienced or tried one of these services.

Thanks in advance

( I am sorry if my thread is not valid in this section )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭jupiler_beer

You need to test each of the networks, so i would suggest to get someone you know who is on these networks (mobile network will suffice) and to test their signal strength in your accomodation, if this could be done across the 3 networks at the same time, would be best as you'll have a controlled test enviroment.

You could also try each of them individually as you have a grace period in which you can cancel your contract.

If there is a few of ye sharing I would def look into getting UPC or Vodafone / Eircom Broadband, could work out cheaper when ye split the cost of the monthly bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Any of you have an iphone with three?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

You need to test each of the networks, so i would suggest to get someone you know who is on these networks (mobile network will suffice) and to test their signal strength in your accomodation, if this could be done across the 3 networks at the same time, would be best as you'll have a controlled test enviroment.

You could also try each of them individually as you have a grace period in which you can cancel your contract.

If there is a few of ye sharing I would def look into getting UPC or Vodafone / Eircom Broadband, could work out cheaper when ye split the cost of the monthly bill.

I am on the Three network and reception in the Castletroy area is very good, but as jupiler suggested, UPC might be the better option as they also do a nine month contract for students.

You can inquire about their services here-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1546

• Registered Users Posts: 11 in love

Thank you Jupiler_beer
    I have tried Vodafone and Three networks, I can say they are similar to each other in speed, so I chose Three as it's much better on price than Vod (20GB by 40 euro ) while Vod is 80 euro (20GB)

Your last advice is great but I am going to move to another place in 3 months, and you know UPC has the contract with 9 months at least.

Thanks again
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 in love

I am on the Three network and reception in the Castletroy area is very good, but as jupiler suggested, UPC might be the better option as they also do a nine month contract for students.

You can inquire about their services here-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1546

Thank you Say_who_now
    You're right it's very good I am using Three network now

Best regards :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

O2 do the best deal for students at e 9.99 per month on their student deal.

Advertisement