Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will you buy iPhone 5 or wait for next year's upgraded iPhone?

• 18-09-2012 7:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

Are you going to buy the iPhone 5? Or are you going to wait and buy the upgraded iPhone model next year?

iPhone 5 - or 2013 upgraded iPhone? 113 votes

I'm going to buy the iPhone 5
    0% 0 votes
    I'm going to wait for next year's iPhone instead.
    56% 64 votes
    I'm going to buy both / neither.
    43% 49 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I don't see anything pushing me to change my 4s.. It's perfect

I5 does not interest me at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

If a get an unwanted upgrade sold on cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Not buying either, very happy with my xperia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,897 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Have a year left on my 4s contract and the 5 has offered me nothing worth breaking that for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Will certainly upgrade to the 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 wetfish

whirlpool wrote: »
    Are you going to buy the iPhone 5? Or are you going to wait and buy the upgraded iPhone model next year?

I'm curious why you ask. What are your own plans/thoughts? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

wetfish wrote: »

My contract isn't up until December 2013, at which point I plan to upgrade to whatever the newest version of the iPhone is at that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,592 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My contract isn't up until December 2013, at which point I plan to upgrade to whatever the newest version of the iPhone is at that stage.
    Why so brand loyal.? Who's to say that in the next 15 months one of the other manufacturers won't release a phone with far higher spec for a better price? Or that the apple phone won't be plagued with reliability of issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Think i'll wait myself, dont see the point on dropping 600-900 quid to upgrade from the 4s, When more than likely there will be an updated version like the 5s in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Akrasia wrote: »

Why so brand loyal.? Who's to say that in the next 15 months one of the other manufacturers won't release a phone with far higher spec for a better price? Or that the apple phone won't be plagued with reliability of issues?
    FFS, can we not have one thread without this bs?

I don't like the flow of android or the look of any of the handsets

I hate apple, but cannot fault the design and flow of the os

That's why I stick with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Tallon wrote: »
    FFS, can we not have one thread without this bs?

I don't like the flow of android or the look of any of the handsets

I hate apple, but cannot fault the design and flow of the os

That's why I stick with it

My feelings in a nutshell, I was a staunchly loyal Nokia customer from 1994 til just a couple of months ago and eventually gave up in desperation at Nokia's "go it alone" attitude. I've switched to a 4s and now I know what all the fuss is about. The iPhone just does what its meant to do, brilliantly.
    I won't be switching to a 5 though (because I couldn't afford to!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Im getting the 5. Have the 4 since launch day in the UK.
    If i had a 4S i wouldnt upgrade tbh.

I had the S3 for a week as i was going to jump ship, but it wasnt for me.
    In two years then i'll upgrade again, ive done that since the 3GS.
    0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Think i'll wait myself, dont see the point on dropping 600-900 quid to upgrade from the 4s, When more than likely there will be an updated version like the 5s in the near future.

Then the 5S will come along, and you may wait to see what the 6 is like :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Eh, you're kind of making a few assumptions there based on very little information. Bit of a knee-jerk reaction there from ye, which makes me think you just take issue with Apple fans in general, and therefore are biased and not really thinking rationally.

All I said was that I'm stuck in a contract for another year. Yes I currently plan on buying the iPhone next year, but I never said that I'd ever bought another Apple product before in my life - nor did I say that this plan of mine was completely definite. Take a chill pill!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Why the poll if the results are hidden OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Not going to bother with the 5.

My next handset might be a HTC One X if I decide to move from the 4s in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

why even talk about iPhone 6, when we haven't even gotten the 5 in our hands yet.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I will be getting myself the iPhone 5, even though I already have the 4S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

iOS6 is released tomorrow for everyone isn't it?
    I only recently got the 4s and I love it, so won't be changing anytime soon.
    I think the 4s is a great sized phone, moved from the DesireHD and now it seems gigantic compared to the iPhone.

nicklauski wrote: »
    iOS6 is released tomorrow for everyone isn't it?
    I only recently got the 4s and I love it, so won't be changing anytime soon.
    I think the 4s is a great sized phone, moved from the DesireHD and now it seems gigantic compared to the iPhone.

Running iOS6 now...not much different to iOS5.

Apple's Maps app is rubbish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Is the ios6 out for ipad yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The GM is but wont be officially released till bout 6pm Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Running iOS6 now...not much different to iOS5.

Apple's Maps app is rubbish!

Sorry for derailing the thread.
    But is there any other differences? Camer, Facebook integration etc?

nicklauski wrote: »
    Sorry for derailing the thread.
    But is there any other differences? Camer, Facebook integration etc?

Facebook and Twitter integration - you can tweet/post status updates from the the notification area.

When you go to share a picture from the photos app it (finally!) gives you the option to mail, message, tweet, upload to FB.

'Do not disturb' is handy.

Don't get me wrong, I still like it, because I like iOS, just not hugely different. Which isn't really a bad thing either - I, personally was just expecting something a bit different for a change.

I generally don't care about ringtones, but they're STILL the same!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I installed it at the weekend. Other than some colour tweaks I haven't noted much anything different. (Oh, you can upload pictures/videos to a webpage from the camera roll...)

Played with Siri with my four-year old. That was a laugh, but will likely never use it.

Will buy the iPhone 5 as am over two years happily on bill pay with my iP4 so might as well take advantage of my upgrade benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I'm tired of my sony x10 so will probably get this although it is quite expensive.

I like vanilla android and use it all the time on the touchpad but too few devices ship it these days. I really dont like touchwiz or sense so wont be getting a samsung or htc. I know I could go tinkering with the handset but i just dont have the patience to do that anymore.

I could wait for a nokia with windows phone 8 but I've been waiting too long for a new handset and the iphone will do everthing i need it to do and probably a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Android or Msoft ? Crap OSs. They will never release a decent quality smart phone. My one year contract on the 4S is up in a month or so and it's on to the 5 ! the best phone on the market by far.

Piliger wrote: »
    Android or Msoft ? Crap OSs. They will never release a decent quality smart phone. My one year contract on the 4S is up in a month or so and it's on to the 5 ! the best phone on the market by far.

In what way is Android crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    In what way is Android crap?

Oh jesus....

iregk wrote: »
    Oh jesus....

?

He says it's crap, I'm allowed ask why. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

On a two-year deal so if I do get an new iPhone, it'll be the 5S. Have a 64gb 4S though and don't see any other phone out there right now that I'd consider a worthy upgrade.

Advertisement