Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will you buy iPhone 5 or wait for next year's upgraded iPhone?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭petiha

it's sad how people cannot have a good chat about the iPhone 5 without bringing in other phones... :(

anyway, I currently have a 4S, but I'll buy the 5, then when the new iPhone comes out, I'll probably buy that too. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Hay_man

I have the 4s about two or three months now and tbh I think my Samsumg galaxy ace was a better phone only that it was slower,

I find the 4s very heavy as I hold it with my right hand and rest it on my little finger and it gets very sore having the 4s resting on it for a while when I texting or internet browsing on it.

So for the lighter phone alone I think I will upgrade to the iPhone 5 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hay_man wrote: »
    I have the 4s about two or three months now and tbh I think my Samsumg galaxy ace was a better phone only that it was slower,

I find the 4s very heavy as I hold it with my right hand and rest it on my little finger and it gets very sore having the 4s resting on it for a while when I texting or internet browsing on it.

So for the lighter phone alone I think I will upgrade to the iPhone 5 :pac:

As Steve Jobs said at the start of Antennagate 'Don't Hold It That Way'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Have the 4s too and have about 12 months left on my contract so will upgrade then to whatever the latest iPhone is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Only recently got a 4s on a 24 month contract. My first ever smartphone too and love it. But when the contract expires in just under 2 years I will keep my mind open and see what phones are out and make a decision then. Be it the latest Iphone, Samsung, HTC etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm due an upgrade in 6 weeks but bought a S3 off a mate 2 days ago and using that now.
    Very happy with it and the android market has really come on since I last used it in Honeycomb.
    IOS still sets the bar for email support by miles..I can have my 2 me.com accounts, my hotmail, my gmail, my outlook.com all set up with exchange support within 5 mins on the iphone.
    On Android I had to give up after hours and get separate apps for outlook etc.
    I do like the bigger screen and am curious to see how the ip5 compares against the S3.
    Still have my ipad which I love to bits so not really jumping ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

After buying a 3gs a week after launch and its still in one piece (other than the replaced battery), I think I need to upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Well considering I have my original iPhone from 07, I think its time for an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Will be upgrading my 4, assuming a good upgrade deal from Vodafone.

Also have a HTC running Android 4.0 for work (It is far from crap!). But for personal use and the fact that I have a MacBook Pro the integration between phone and computer is just seamless and so I will stay with iOS for this use case.

No need to bash other highly successful offerings just to put the other side down. To each their own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I moved from a 4s to a One X and then to an S3. I still have both androids but I am seriously considering a 5. The only reason is for music - no android app can handle it as well as an iphone. Plus I want to integrate it with the head unit in my car which is made for ios.

I'm not interested in it for the operating system or the brand really. But it works very well and that's hard to argue with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

From someone who has had every iphone on launch day it's a no to the 5.
    5 years or so with Ios and it hasnt really changed that much.
    New handset looks nice, good build quality etc
    I decided to try the s3 with 3 and have to say I love it.
    Any app I used on ios I can find on the s3
    Spotify even looks better, street view flies along where it struggled on ythe 4s.
    Only downside of s3 is the plastic feel of the phone, nervous taking it out of my pocket.
    Performance wise it does seem faster than 4s, looking forward to comparing with the 5
    Bottom line for me, although it works brilliantly, got a bit bored of ios and 6 is not much of an update to be fair
    I am neither apple nor android fanboy just a fan of technology
    At the moment the s3 is the phone for me
    Let's hope the 5 doesn't prove me wrong :)
    I have an upgrade on my other number just in case :)

@sham69 worth buying a case mate hard case for it. Best case by far and very robust!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Reckon I will upgrade from the iPhone 4 to the 5. That will be pretty much what I will do if Apple keep launching phones to suit my needs, upgrade and get every second phone.

I think I would find it hard to justify an upgrade from a 4S but there are enough features that I CANT make use of on my 4 with IOS 6 for me to say I need a jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

found out today that my wife is due an upgrade from 3 on the iphone 4 - so she'll get my 4s and I'll get the 5. and by the time the next model comes out, i'll be due an upgrade....so at the moment it looks like both is the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

ablelocks wrote: »
    found out today that my wife is due an upgrade from 3 on the iphone 4 - so she'll get my 4s and I'll get the 5. and by the time the next model comes out, i'll be due an upgrade....so at the moment it looks like both is the answer

Sweeeet. An advantage to getting married :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The only reason is for music - no android app can handle it as well as an iphone. Plus I want to integrate it with the head unit in my car which is made for ios.
    Check that the new iPhone supports your particular car system. I read something about how a lot of BMW and Mini systems won't now work with the new device.

Worth a few minutes research!

Dades wrote: »
    Check that the new iPhone supports your particular car system. I read something about how a lot of BMW and Mini systems won't now work with the new device.

Worth a few minutes research!

Thats a very good point! Ill check it out, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ehcocmeo

Tallon wrote: »
    I don't see anything pushing me to change my 4s.. It's perfect

I5 does not interest me at all

Same here. Most of the good stuff with the iphone 5 is already in iphone 4s with the IOS6 upgrade.

Since we don't have 4G LTE.. not much point getting new phone. Unless you are new to iphone then of course it would be the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I have no idea why the poll results are hidden. I don't remember selecting that option when I created it. This is the second time this has happened with me. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Mods, could you please make the results visible? Thanks.

Meanwhile, here are the results so far:

I'm going to buy the iPhone 5 : 56 / 45.53%

I'm going to wait for next year's iPhone instead: 40 / 32.52%

I'm going to buy both / neither: 27 / 21.95%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I am still in love with my 4s so I will be waiting, I have had a 3GS(well two as the first was stolen) and the 4s so I am on the S cycle. I will be upgrading next year though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I'm happy enough with my iphone 4. No compelling reason to upgrade. I'm sure I'll feel different this time next year. Roll on iPhone 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Thanks to the mod who fixed the poll!

Advertisement