Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

ade was very unlucky on several occaisions, shows he hasnt been playing first team football in a while but its good to have him back...defoe played a stormer as per usual, real credit to the club, same with bale...delighted with the result and a great match to watch (well the second half anyway) COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Jaysus Defoe gets his fair share of criticism but once again he proves he’s our most clinical finisher at the club. Yes he can be a greedy sod (not like he never passes it) and stray offside, but put him on the pitch for 90 minutes and he generally scores. It’s not his fault if AVB chooses to play him as a lone striker, it was a pleasant change to see two up front.

Ade did himself no harm, some lovely touches. When he was last season’s choice striker I thought he lost his touch and got lazy. So it’ll do him no harm in staying hungry and knowing Defoe is on his coattails.

Carroll was very impressive, he needs to be eased into the squad gently. One or two bad games could set his confidence back. I liked the way he was constantly looking for the ball and not hiding, showed maturity.

Huddlestone played one nice ball for the 3rd goal. His overall performance reminded me of that episode in Father Ted where Jack’s in the wheelchair with Ted controlling him by remote control. Lumbersome oaf that offered nothing, gave the ball away constantly. I’d love to run onto the pitch and boot him up the hole. God help us on Sunday with him at the helm.

Overall pleased with the performance and with scoring three goals, but then again it was against a poor side. Sundays opposition won’t be so accommodating.

Lennon when you're in the box and the goal is gaping in front of you, drown out those voices shoot, pass, shoot pass instead put your foot through it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

the 3rd goal brought tears to my eyes (well almost)

It was a goal like last season, quick passing and back of the net, it was great to see

Ade started it all with his great control

I thought dawson was great last night, but huddlestone was rubbish again, the kid carroll took the game by the scruff of the neck and put hudd to shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

my god we cant go and play city with dawson at the back, i think the guy is a fantastic spurs man but lets face it, he gets more and more like gary doherty every year

i agree thudd is not good enough to cut it at top table, if he became available in the morning would any of the top six look at him

hear on the grapevine sandro may be back, give carroll a shot beside him, nothing like mixing it with the big boys to spur u on, i bet old whinger over with the other lot would give him a go

2 tough games 2 points would be good although i think le arse are there for the taking,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

hugo29 wrote: »
    my god we cant go and play city with dawson at the back, i think the guy is a fantastic spurs man but lets face it, he gets more and more like gary doherty every year

i agree thudd is not good enough to cut it at top table, if he became available in the morning would any of the top six look at him

hear on the grapevine sandro may be back, give carroll a shot beside him, nothing like mixing it with the big boys to spur u on, i bet old whinger over with the other lot would give him a go

2 tough games 2 points would be good although i think le arse are there for the taking,
    Disagree with you about Dawson,he might be a bit rusty cos of lack of games but he is no Gary Doherty.when we qualified for the CL Daws was at the heart of the defence and he was great,don't forget that.

• Advertisement

Yes but don't forget he had the king to carry him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Yes but don't forget he had the king to carry him
    No he hadn't,King and Woodgate got injured early in the season so Dawson and Bassong who were 3rd and 4th choice Centre backs played most of the season together and done very well to get us into the CL.

Any thought's on tonights game? Two fans already have felt the brunt of the Ultras. Hopefully there's no more trouble and the away fans get home safely. Expect plenty of hostility towards certain players, I hope we focking maul them.

i dont honestly know, lady luck seems to have deserted us this year,

a draw me thinks, i presume that fool adebayour is available

we have wet spam the weekend which is a must win to hang on to coat tails of 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

i dont honestly know, lady luck seems to have deserted us this year,

a draw me thinks, i presume that fool adebayour is available
    we have wet spam the weekend which is a must win to hang on to coat tails of 4th

Why is he a fool?

• Advertisement

For getting sent off last week presumably?

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Why is he a fool?

" seriously" for thinking he was in karate kid iiii the weekend, i think we would have won that game with 11 men or at least drawn it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I reckon we will get beaten tonight.

2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Fooking hell lads! I'd say the atmosphere in the stadium is gonna be a little tense..... Don't forget KO @ 6pm!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20442906

The owner of the bar, Mario Manzi, told the BBC: "At 1am there were around 30 English fans here, plus some American students, and some Italians.

"At some point, from around the corner, some 40 guys, all wearing helmets, faces covered with scarves, came here, destroyed that window, and came in.

"The English people hid behind here, and everything was destroyed. There were rocks, iron bars, everything."

He said: "The English fans were very calm, they weren't even drunk, then these men with heads covered came barging in throwing cobblestones. They had clubs and metal rods. It lasted about 20 minutes."

Mr Manzi added: "This was a planned thing. They had studied it. The English people had been here since the afternoon. They were circled, cornered, and weren't allowed to go out."

I'm going for the win, fock all this doom and gloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

" seriously" for thinking he was in karate kid iiii the weekend, i think we would have won that game with 11 men or at least drawn it

Yes seriously.... so what he lost the head for a split second and got a red. Have you ever played football ? If you have, I'd like to think at some stage, you have lost the head and done something you have later regretted, that's life, and that's football... I for one won't be holding it against him.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Yes seriously.... so what he lost the head for a split second and got a red. Have you ever played football ? If you have, I'd like to think at some stage, you have lost the head and done something you have later regretted, that's life, and that's football... I for one won't be holding it against him.

hatch , yes i have played football and yes i have lost the head, difference being i never got paid 100k plus a week to play, you know you cant tackle 2 footed and leave the ground, the man is experienced and played for one of the biggest clubs in the world, he should know better,
    read my earlier post, i called him a fool for what he did and he cost us the game,i wont hold it against him as i will support who ever wears the spurs shirt and i like him as a player, hope he scores a hat trick tonight and i will be the first to applaud him, what he did last week cost us pure and simple

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I don't understand all the hate being directed at Adebayor. There are 2 footed lunges every week in the Premiership. Sometimes the player gets away with it, sometimes he gets sent off, sometimes he breaks a guy's leg.

Adebayor is a striker, not a skilful tackler, was pumped up playing against his old club, made a bad challenge. It was clumsy and not very clever, and we might have won or drawn the game if he didn't do it.

There seems to be more hatred of Adebayor in the press than there was of the likes of Shawcross, or even Cattermole. Weird.

Ormus wrote: »
    I don't understand all the hate being directed at Adebayor. There are 2 footed lunges every week in the Premiership. Sometimes the player gets away with it, sometimes he gets sent off, sometimes he breaks a guy's leg.

Adebayor is a striker, not a skilful tackler, was pumped up playing against his old club, made a bad challenge. It was clumsy and not very clever, and we might have won or drawn the game if he didn't do it.

There seems to be more hatred of Adebayor in the press than there was of the likes of Shawcross, or even Cattermole. Weird.

the press are on a witch hunt for AVB, ever since arry got dumped, anything they can they are firing at spurs, lloris and fridel was another example, dont think any spurs fans hate ade, he made a mistake and was foolish, as hatch said it happens, i just wish he had did it against anyone else

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

At least 7 people injured in that attack according to the BBC.

Almost definitely going to be sh*t from some of the Lazio fans tonight. And Lazio will just get fined another 30k (omg, what a harsh fine!!!). Hopefully it's not too bad though, and we can let football do the talking.

• Advertisement

Too true, meanwhile Suarez having scored two was being hailed as a mercurial talent even though he nearly broke Jones ankle (didn't even get a yellow for this and right in front of the linesman)

suarez_stamp.gif

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I'm going for the win, fock all this doom and gloom.

Here here, enough about the past, lets hope Adebayor bangs in a hat-trick against the fascist scum... COYS! 2-1 to the Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kiith wrote: »
    At least 7 people injured in that attack according to the BBC.

Almost definitely going to be sh*t from some of the Lazio fans tonight. And Lazio will just get fined another 30k (omg, what a harsh fine!!!). Hopefully it's not too bad though, and we can let football do the talking.

Looks like that Drunken Ship Bar was tackled by Adebayor.

Looks like that Drunken Ship Bar was tackled by Adebayor.

:D brillant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Stuck on the bus on the way home from work. Hopefully I'm home quickly and don't miss too much.

Happy Tom Carrol is starting, hopefully he has a good game. And its brilliant to have Dembele back, even if he isn't git enough to start. He's been brilliant for us so far and missed him last few weeks sorely!

#COYS

Denied a fantastic goal, what a beaut of a ball by Carroll.

Goal disallowed, wrongly. Carroll with a lovely ball through to Bale, rounded the keeper, flagged offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Heart goes out to the lads who were attacked earlier. Heres hoping the lads on the pitch do some justice for them! COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Lloris and crap finishing keeping us level! Ade seems to be staying on the left wing and isn't really getting involved enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Lloris playing great, good to see! Kozak not on form tonight thank god, otherwise we'd be about 3 down, back 4 arent playing well at all! Was dissapointed dawson didnt play. Carroll playing really well, heres hoping this is the start of a run in the first team for him!

I like the look of Cavanda at right back for Lazio, he looks a good young player

Advertisement