Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Apart from Sandro, Lloris and Carroll we've been pretty poor. Could be 1 up, could be 3 down. Looking forward to Dembele getting on around 60mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Good God. Its like a game of attack v defence at the moment. We could be 5-down. Its embarassing.

Lazio attacking Walkers area at every chance, theyve obviously done their homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Dembele on, good to see

Would love to see us sneak this one in last few mins. It would be daylight robbery but some sort of justice for what went on last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Why is the referee wearing my mother's tea towell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lloris was different gravy and has cemented the no.1 spot. Really can't continue to defend like we did tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Another uninspiring performance, so lucky to get a point out of that. I swear this high line craic would give you a heart attack. Once again Dempsey and Siggy were so anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

Spurs just so lethargic!!! Ade terrible. Bale strolled, Defoe should have stayed on bench, walker liability. Where has the fluency gone. Really painful watching!! One positive lloris, reads game very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Another uninspiring performance, so lucky to get a point out of that. I swear this high line craic would give you a heart attack. Once again Dempsey and Siggy were so anonymous.
    Agree with you,those two players done nothing in the game yet again,both of them are a waste of space at the moment and would want to buck themselves up fairly soon.the result could have been a lot worse so I'm happy enough,no doubt who our No 1 goalkeeper is from now on though,great stuff from Lioris tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

KingdomYid wrote: »

How you mean ?? Dempsey was busy giving the ball away :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

Just another thought is it me or has verts lost a little if his zip? Even sandro looked like a player sick of running when no one else does. I wouldn't mind if we defend brilliantly and got a great defensive point. But reality is we could have lost by a hat ful!! A big week ahead v ham and pool!!! Please bring back the flowing football. This stop start stuff has to go! Ps Dempsey just ain't a spurs player!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

We were very lucky Klose wasn't on the pitch in the end. Strange performance, so many players going missing for large periods. Half empty stadium too.

PS. Hugo... there's only one Hugo... there's only one Hugo! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

Imagine going to Rome to watch a football match and ending up like this. Sickening!!!
    http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2012/11/picture-tottenham-hotspur-fan-following-rome-violence/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Lads did not see match, working, sounds like I did not miss much, are we that bad or were we just spoiled last year with a serious good team, I mean you can't loose modders and van der vart and replace with Dempsey and siggy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

hugo29 wrote: »
    Lads did not see match, working, sounds like I did not miss much, are we that bad or were we just spoiled last year with a serious good team, I mean you can't loose modders and van der vart and replace with Dempsey and siggy

We were up against a decent Lazio side nothing more. I’m sick of hearing about Modric/VDV, their gone. It’s not that we played badly, we didn’t even compete. One way traffic in the 2nd half bar the first five minutes. There keeper could of nipped down to the red light district for the lack of action we caused him.

It’ll do Lloris confidence the world of good, he was the only player who cared on the night. Could easily have been humiliated 4 -5 nil. He’s gonna have to put in performances like he did week in week out, because the defence at the moment is in a complete shambles. Westham can smell blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

thanks for the update, your right mod and vdv are in the past, all i am saying is we dont have anyone to control a game in the middle of the park and as a result we are struggling
    wonder if mouthino would have been the answer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Only saw the last few minutes, but Dembele looked great when he came on. Really strong, and great going forward.

Watched the highlights of there though, and we didn't look great. Some great saves from Lloris though. A draw away to Lazio isn't a bad result though, and as long as we can get a point in the last game against Panathinaikos we'll go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

thanks for the update, your right mod and vdv are in the past, all i am saying is we dont have anyone to control a game in the middle of the park and as a result we are struggling
    wonder if mouthino would have been the answer

Dembele looked a class above when he came on for the final 10 or so minutes. He has the strength to hold opponents off and then dribble past them, creating a bit of space in front of an opposition defence. Huddlestone has to lay the ball off to a full back or the other central midfielder when he has an opponent in his face. It makes a huge difference to how we play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think Adebayor tired very quickly. He's obviously a good bit off match fitness.

We may struggle in the coming weeks with just Defoe up front, hopefully Dempsey can start kicking in to some form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Its a decent point way in italy at the end of the day for me. I no the performance wasnt great but in the first half we were the better team IMO.

Dempsey needs to be given a proper clip around the ear though. I lost count of how many times he gave the ball away either with straightforward passes or stupid flicks. He is beginning to wreck my head

So we're playing Panathinaikos at home tonight. Will it be the first game we win in the Europa League? I hope Carroll gets a run in the middle at least and that Naughton gets another stint at RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭SlowJack

I'm on Spurs (-1) tonight, can't wait for the game to start....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

-2 @ 23/10.
    Inter -1 @ 11/10.
    Bordeaux -1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Any streams for tonight's game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

frag420 wrote: »

It's on ITV4, doesn't kickoff till 8

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

frag420 wrote: »

Its on itv 4

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Jmcc001 wrote: »
    Its on itv 4

its on setanta ireland ch105/401 for UPC's unlucky customers like myself;)

COYS!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Our team tonight is: Friedel, Walker, Caulker, Vertonghen, Naughton, Lennon, Sandro, Carroll, Dempsey, Adebayor and Defoe

Our subs: Cudicini, Huddlestone, Livermore, Townsend, Stewart, Dembele and Sigurdsson.

• Advertisement

Our team tonight is: Friedel, Walker, Caulker, Vertonghen, Naughton, Lennon, Sandro, Carroll, Dempsey, Adebayor and Defoe

Our subs: Cudicini, Huddlestone, Livermore, Townsend, Stewart, Dembele and Sigurdsson.

Strong team, obviously going for it

Advertisement