Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

oppiuy wrote: »
    I just dont see what Dembele does. Dribbles a bit, slows everything down a gets dispossesed a lot. He creates nothing

Agreed, he should be doing so much more IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Cos he's the one staying back, Parker is going forward (sideways). With Sandro playing Dembele was the one going forward

Yep something I still don't understand, why is Parker being deployed further up the pitch than Dembele, again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The team should be bursting a gut out there as they haven't played in a week, some look like there in preseason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yep something I still don't understand, why is Parker being deployed further up the pitch than Dembele, again?

Maybe he feels he's not fit enough to track back

Bale:eek:

• Advertisement

Lennon off, not his night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Very predictable. Should have done it at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Caulker or Naughton for Benny now and go three at the back. We've seen lots of Benny but its ineffective. Dempsey can do that job now and Kyle can push on on the right.

Dembele is garbage, keeps giving ball away. Also Dempsey not a Spurs player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

oppiuy wrote: »
    I just dont see what Dembele does. Dribbles a bit, slows everything down a gets dispossesed a lot. He creates nothing

I came on here to post exactly this! I haven't been able to see the whole game but any bits with Dembele have left me very unimpressed. All he has been doing is getting the ball and passing it to someone else! Himself and Parker are often within 10 yards of each other and he's not even trying to dribble positively past people. Very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

dembele i love you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Get in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Dembele is ****ing ****!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

silence, he says :P

Jurassic Park!!

****e player! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I knew he'd make me eat my words......and im happily scoffing them....get in there

Take back all I said :D GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

slegs wrote: »
    I think Dembele is class. Holds the ball and usually beats at least one man. Hard to play his game tonight in a packed midfield.

Like I said....classssssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have to say I did not see that coming:) COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Get IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyon :mad: No better than Bolton or Stoke. Score a goal and defend, defend, defend. I really hope we beat them now

SuprSi wrote: »
    Lyon :mad: No better than Bolton or Stoke. Score a goal and defend, defend, defend. I really hope we beat them now

Hmm, seems I got my wires crossed there as I thought we were in for extra time. Happy days!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Ade gets an awful lot of stick but he played really well second half shows what he can do when we move the ball quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

LMAO. Just logged on and read the in match posts. All the guff about Dembele. I was shouting the same at the TV. 'Tis a funny old game.

Fair play to whoever stuck the money on a 1-1 score line @ 6/1 was it. (Leinsterspur I think?). Got them at 5/1 myself. 100 quid return. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

what a goal, keep it exciting at the end sure...in other news i now have a headache and am very, very hoarse

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I missed the 1st half but from the re-cap on Setanta it sounds like Lyon had us sussed. Walker having as made as usual.

Impressed by Ade in the 2nd half. Haven't seen him do that all season.

Like others I just get Parkers role at the moment. I can understand why Dembele sits back but why is Parker pushed up. Did Sandro do this and we just didn't notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

so a **** performance but saved by dembele the 1 time he got forward of predictable parker & bet his man easially....i think we play inter next! bring it on

Ade gets an awful lot of stick but he played really well second half shows what he can do when we move the ball quickly.
    Don't remember him doing much? Or recall an attempt on goal? He'd wanna strike goal on Monday night because as soon as Defoe is fit he'll be back to bench warming. Not trying to pick an argument, just haven't seen anything so far this season to change my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

great strike for the goal, haven't seen enough of that from him since he signed

Advertisement