Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

glad were not up against luis figo in his prime though! Didnt look too happy lol!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

we want 4!!!!!!!!!!

unlucky defoe great save from their keepr

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

C'mon. Get another two!

Hope we don't lose our shape with Dembele off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Defoe was never going to pass there, was he?!!

• Advertisement

Wrong substitutions - Parker and Bale should be taken off to rest for Sunday. Credit to the team they're still very hungry but I hope this doesn't wear them out.

lennon should have shot just after the nutmeg...holtby on for siggy..

coys 1 more goal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

SuprSi wrote: »
    Defoe was never going to pass there, was he?!!
    Pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wrong substitutions - Parker and Bale should be taken off to rest for Sunday. Credit to the team they're still very hungry but I hope this doesn't wear them out.

Bale has a rest next week. You really can't break the run he's having, can you. He's always likely to score at any time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Frediel. Well done son.

• Advertisement

That's even worse than the earlier 1-on-1!!! How'd he miss!

ffs we need to switch on at the back..great save brad

Hopefully that's just a precautionary substitution for Lennon

Parker's had a great game

Parker's had a great game
    So much space and no one pressuring him but he's picked a few nice passes as well hopefully he's not too tired for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Easy ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Clean sheet huge....Lennon out for Sunday?..huge loss if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Dembele is putting in some shift.

A giant

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Great win, I wasn't bothered at all about the EL during the group stages but I really want to win it now. How many goals on the bounce is that for Bale?

Clean sheet huge....Lennon out for Sunday?..huge loss if that's the case
    Maybe straight down the tunnel great game for him today great defensive shift as always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I can understand that Defoe is hungry for a goal and has on many occasion scored from nothing but needs to see when others are in far better positions. Not a night to be picky though. Spurs looked really up for it in this competition tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

having just looked at the remaining teams in the EL, i think we hav a very good chance of winning it this year. the only one id be concerned about would be chelsea and maybe lazio.

I read on FB lennon had pulled his hamstring I hope its not true..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

nipps wrote: »
    having just looked at the remaining teams in the EL, i think we hav a very good chance of winning it this year. the only one id be concerned about would be chelsea and maybe lazio.
    No easy games I would think, Zenit (if they reverse their 2 goal deficit) and Benfica also being quite tough. Fully agree, we have a great chance of winning it out, would go as far as saying we're the strongest team left in the competition, but at the end of the day it is knock-out football.

THFC wrote: »
    No easy games I would think, Zenit (if they reverse their 2 goal deficit) and Benfica also being quite tough. Fully agree, we have a great chance of winning it out, would go as far as saying we're the strongest team left in the competition, but at the end of the day it is knock-out football.
    Fenerbache too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

ok so when we get to the final what pub in dublin are we all going to watch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

tom1ie wrote: »
    ok so when we get to the final what pub in amsterdam are we all going to watch it?

Fixed your post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Emoran wrote: »
    Fixed your post ;)

Mr Moran, the atmosphere sounded fantastic! Very jealous!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Inter were pretty poor, but that was still an excellent performance from us. Totally in control, and the result was never really in doubt once Bale for the 1st. Some great individual performances, and 3-0 is a fantastic result.

Bring on Liverpool at the weekend i say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Only got home at 9.30 and the missus had it on record for me. What a night at the Lane!

First off, fair enough the opposition may have been weakened, plus the fact they left their top scorer on the bench until half time, but we were hungry from the off, we chasing them down like dogs! Delighted for any of you lads who made the journey, first game I've heard a strong chorus of AVB's Blue & White army!

Second, the shift that some of the players put in that some of us have cast doubt on previously, in particular Siggurdson (reborn), Dembele and Parker, a work effort of 'immense dimension':)

Thirdly, AVB, he makes a difference, if you caught Gallas pre-match interview he said Harry was a great manager but AVB tells us how to beat the opposition. Now Harry gave me my best days as a Spurs supporter but the progress under AVB is evident, the 3rd goal for me was the proof. AVB was wide to Inter's zonal marking which meant Vertonghen could grab a yard (he should have scored two).

Finally, I just opened the Chateauneuf Du Pape, AVB I salut you! Even Roy Keane couldn't disagree with me!!;)

Advertisement