Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Sublime ball from Carroll to Bale there, he's growing in confidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

FFS, two stupid mistakes there. What was Lloris at!!

Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

ffs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bad by Lloris, but Naughton should never have put it back in the box.

Can't believe we aren't winning this...

• Advertisement

FFS Defoe! How could you be offside there

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

I don't know which is worse - the commentary on Setanta or the goal. Defoe is getting on my nerves now...... Still, they are there for the taking....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

tomo75 wrote: »
    I don't know which is worse - the commentary on Setanta or the goal.

+1

Hopefully Dempsey comes on for Defoe. I'd like to see him develop a partnership with Adebayor, he has more of a brain than Defoe. Dempsey and Adebayor could tear Maribor apart.

Half time came at a good time. Hudd and Carroll need to boss the midfield.

Come on lads, put em to the fcuking sword! COYS!

• Advertisement

Good man Defoe again!

Great ball, Carroll has a very similar demeanour to a young Luka Modric:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Is it still level, are we that bad

hugo29 wrote: »
    Is it still level, are we that bad

2 - 1 now, Defoe again

Should've been at least a free kick for Defoe there

What a fantastic goal. Everything from Ade's control and pass to Thudd, Thudd's through ball to Bale, Bale's pass to Defoe and Defoe's run into the box and finish. Absolutely brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Trying to follow the game on net, wife has remote, flipping xfactor , great result but let's not get carried away its only Maribor,

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Trying to follow the game on net, wife has remote, flipping xfactor , great result but let's not get carried away its only Maribor,
    You need to sort that mate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Lot of positives.know opposition aren't top class but he went 442, ade, baledone very well. Defoe done his thing and gets hat trick but Carroll was mom for me - great display.COYS

Trying to follow the game on net, wife has remote

I hope you're on a promise!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yeah, lots of positives. Great to have Ade back, he offers so much

Yep, Carroll has a lovely silkiness to his play, probably hard for him to shine last season when in a team of young uns...

Adebayor showed why he is so vital to the team and fair play to Dawson, he played some lovely diagonal passes to Bale and Naughton.

Lennon had a relatively quiet game and spurned a great chance, I don't know why but he and Walker both lack confidence in front of goal.

Gonna be a much bigger step up for Hudd and whoever partners him on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good display by Carroll tonight and a fine hat trick from Defoe,but I would still give my motm to Gareth Bale,one of his best performances for a while.roll on City (still dreading it)

Nobody gets in the way of a good celebration! Even you Luis!
    1352410971691.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Lot of positives.know opposition aren't top class but he went 442, ade, baledone very well. Defoe done his thing and gets hat trick but Carroll was mom for me - great display.COYS

Totally agree. We looked like Tottenham again tonight. Our squad is more suited to the 4-4-2 it`s more balanced. Man City and Arsenal away next so it`ll be back to 1 up front again i`d say. Tom Carroll has the makings of a great player, a tidy footballer and did very well tonight. Luka Modric used to call him "mini me" in training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Do we dare go 4-4-2 on Sunday? Dawson in as well for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

mushykeogh wrote: »

I think it will be back to the same old on Sunday with 1 up front especially away at city. If Dembele and Sandro are back fit for this game, I would like to see us play 4-4-2 because we`re more of a threat, and plus we`re watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Good win, great to see 4-4-2 and Ade back. Carroll was excellent as were Bale and Defoe. Dawson to start ahead of Gallas on Sunday please.

• Advertisement

mushykeogh wrote: »

Hopefully not.

4-4-2 should be reserved for home games.

5-4-1 all the way when we're playing away.

One thing Harry got wrong was adapting the team for away games. One thing AVB had got wrong, up to tonight, was adapting his team for home games.

We've gone away to United for the first time in decades and got a win, that was down to the 5-4-1. We can do the same at City. It won't be pretty, but the points are all the matter when you're on the road. The points and performance matter when you're at home - thus the more attacking 4-4-2 at home.

Advertisement