Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Cup Thread

Options
  • 18-09-2012 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

OK Lads, keep it all in here, we kick off at Brunton Park against Carlisle on the 26th. Any silverware is welcome !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

So what kind of team do we expect for the Carlisle game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Daws to be capt i'd imagine, Lloris to play, would be great if adebayor was fit to get game time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

well if daws doesnt get a game here then he needs to move on in January.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is this being televised?

Kiith wrote: »
    Is this being televised?

No. might get it on a stream somewhere though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Hopefully he plays a few of the young lads during the game, would like to see something like

..............Lloris
    Walker........Dawson.....Caulker.......Nughton
    ................Huddlestone.....Livermore
    Townsend..........Siggy................Falque
    .....................Dempsey

Bring on Mason and Tom Carroll as long we start off alright or get a few early goals. Would like to see someone else start at RB besides Walker but no one springs to mind, I would be worried about Walker getting injured by overplaying him because there is no evident cover

pancho84 wrote: »
    Hopefully he plays a few of the young lads during the game, would like to see something like

..............Lloris
    Walker........Dawson.....Caulker.......Nughton
    ................Huddlestone.....Livermore
    Townsend..........Siggy................Falque
    .....................Dempsey

Bring on Mason and Tom Carroll as long we start off alright or get a few early goals. Would like to see someone else start at RB besides Walker but no one springs to mind, I would be worried about Walker getting injured by overplaying him because there is no evident cover

Smith ?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Good shout, I havent seen much of him, any idea of his potential

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

What about Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Cianan2 wrote: »
    What about Kane?

On loan to Norwich at 11th hour on transfer deadline day;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

pancho84 wrote: »
    Good shout, I havent seen much of him, any idea of his potential

Smith is apparently a fantastic prospect. I'd like to see him get more game time this season. He game on in our last match of last season.

Smith is apparently a fantastic prospect. I'd like to see him get more game time this season. He game on in our last match of last season.

Yeah he has played a couple of times over the last 2/3 years, but never really got a proper chance. He should be used for the likes of tonight in order to give Walker a rest.

.............Lloris
    Smith........Dawson.....Caulker.......Nughton
    .........Huddlestone.....Sandro
    Falque..........Siggy...............Townsend
    .................Dempsey

Pancho, I've gone for a similar team to yours but, I'd like to see one or two more rested due to this being our fourth game in ten days and with Man Yoo on Saturday.

Unfortunately I've had to start Sandro due to lack of cover in that position (Livermore and Parker are injured.)

I'd like to see Smith starting - to add competition/cover for Walker.

I'd like Siggy to start as he appears to be playing like a player without confidence.

I think Dempsey needs to start as he isn't match fit, he had no pre-season. Similarly with The Hudd, match fitness is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Cudicini in goal - I wonder how AVB justifies this. Lloris can't be too impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Very strange that Lloris isnt starting, maybe he is starting against United at the weekend?

Starting team;

Cudicini

Smith - Caulker - Dawson - Vetonghen

Hudd - Mason

Falque - Siggy - Townsend

Dempsey

Subs: Gomes, Lennon, Defoe, Walker, Sandro, Obika and Carroll

Lads has anyone got any sites showing it?

My usual (http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=football) hasn't got it listed...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

There are 1 or 2 mentioned here, though they havent came on yet...

http://forum.triffictottenham.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=6844

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Starting team;

Cudicini

Smith - Caulker - Dawson - Vetonghen

Hudd - Mason

Falque - Siggy - Townsend

Dempsey

Subs: Gomes, Lennon, Defoe, Walker, Sandro, Obika and Carroll

That's ridiculous man management there.

• Advertisement

That's ridiculous man management there.

:confused:

Hatch99 wrote: »
    :confused:

That comment confused me too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Verts with the header to make it 1 - 0 to Spurs. Sounds like we're playing ****e though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Unless Lloris is injured leaving him out tonight is a crazy decision. He should have started tonight. If Brad is the No.1 (thoroughly deservedly) our No. 2 keeper should be kept as happy as possible and indeed as match fit as possible.

Gomes and Cudicini are 3rd / 4th choice. Sticking them in here is a token gesture - the benefit to them of being there is far outweighed by the loss of an opportunity to give Lloris another 90 minutes.

That comment confused me too. :(

He is refering to the poor man management of Lloris. I tend to agree, he had to start this game surely.

Unless Lloris is injured leaving him out tonight is a crazy decision. He should have started tonight. If Brad is the No.1 (thoroughly deservedly) our No. 2 keeper should be kept as happy as possible and indeed as match fit as possible.

Gomes and Cudicini are 3rd / 4th choice. Sticking them in here is a token gesture - the benefit to them of being there is far outweighed by the loss of an opportunity to give Lloris another 90 minutes.

Yes unless he is injured it makes no sense, he should not be worrying about keeping Cudicini happy tbh.

Fair point. Though maybe he's told the lads (Friedel and Lloris) that they're the first team goalkeepers.

I'm surprised Lloris isn't playing, but it is only the league cup. I'm sure he knows that he's the future no.1 keeper, and is happy enough sitting out a cold wet evening in Carlise. At least i hope that's the case.

What's the big fuss ?? Lloris has probably been told he will be playing in Europe until he gets his chance in the league.In saying that, if we had been playing a 'big' side tonight, he might have played him. I think you are reading too much in to it lads.

• Advertisement

No doubt we'll see a picture of him in the papers scowling...which was actually just a well timed picture of him talking to someone.

Advertisement