Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Cup Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Good to see the younger lads playing and not looking out of their depth. Dempsey still not clicking though.

Some pass from Falque to Bale there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

SuprSi wrote: »
    Some pass from Falque to Bale there

A thing of beauty, should be 1up!

A thing of beauty, should be 1up!

Agreed, and very unlucky with his shot there. He looks a decent player.

What is the story with corners? First Falque, then Bale, then Huddlestone, all poor...

Why does Sigurdsson not take them? He was delivering lovely crosses earlier in the season.

• Advertisement

YES!! Brilliant goal from Bale on his right foot.

BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Once again thank you Gareth Bale, great goal

:mad: Stream has gone to ****e

Bugger, OG. 1 - 1

• Advertisement

Feck

Super feck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

What's happened? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

Always in the last 10 with Norwich. F*ck sake.

Wow, didn't see that coming

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

flyswatter wrote: »
    What's happened? :(

2-1. :(

super super feck

Dempsey, jaysus

Game over, 2 - 1. Disappointing after completely dominating for almost 80 minutes.

Well we threw that away :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

We seem to be sitting back on 1-0 leads a lot and soaking up a lot of pressure, need to change our tactics at 1-0 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Totally fcuking disgusted, too angry to say anymore. Goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

F****d it away,talk about beating yourselves.sickened now after that.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

In fairness Norwich were the better side for three minutes, a lucky deflection and a lucky rebound.

Not the result I wanted but not overly upset it was just wierd.

In fairness Norwich were the better side for three minutes, a lucky deflection and a lucky rebound.

Not the result I wanted but not overly upset it was just wierd.

Yeah it was weird especially as it was such a low-tempo game, still I think we started to have the sit-back and defend mentality again once we went 1-0 and that leaves us open, even with good defending to lucky goals.

Whatever happened to the high line?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Thats just poor again from 1 nil up. Why can't we go on and win by 2 or 3 instead of sitting back and inviting pressure. counter attacking football with pace on the flanks should be perfect when the opposition is chasing the game. Grrrr so annoyed with tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

In fairness it was a lucky win for Norwich tonight, but that's what you get when you set yourself up so negatively; we're been like that for long periods in every game this season bar perhaps one.
    AVB once again gets past the 60 mins mark and makes a further defensive substitution - it's utter madness. Our style of play is crucifying us.
    We are too slow on our attack and too predictable. The 4-2-3-1 formation is not working for us, at least against weaker opponents. We lack forward movement and football brains to make the killer pass. Back to 4-4-2 for me.

Pretty good summary http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/2012/10/31/3582872/norwich-vs-tottenham-hotspur-2012-league-cup-final-score-match-report-result

Fcuk me, had to go out at 70mins and came back to this?! Shocker!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

We seem to excel at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory this season. How come?

• Advertisement

ruiseal wrote: »
    We seem to excel at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory this season. How come?

I don't know, i don't want to rush into blaming AVB, the guy deserves a chance but he seems to keep making the same mistake of putting on an extra DM and sitting back to defend a narrow lead.

I can't see why he keeps doing this even when it keeps backfiring or almost backfiring. Also i just don't see how this fits with the high line. I though his system was all about pressurizing the opposition in their half and it seems he's doing the exact opposite at critical times.

Advertisement