Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Tourist Visa Entries

Options
  • 18-09-2012 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hello all,

I have a question about entry into the states. I was there on vacation about a month ago for 2 weeks. I will likely be back again for another 2 weeks in December/Jan. In late feb/early March I plan to go for three months. Do you think I'll encounter any problems with this?

Also, if it was coming to the end of my three months there in May/June, is it possible to cross to Mexico and back again, thus renewing your 90 day visa? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Travelling to Canada / Mexico still counts as part of your 90 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

By the third time, they may ask some questions (why are you travellling to the US so much, how do you support yourself without working), but chances are you'll be ok if you haven't spent any other time in the USA in the last year.

As mentioned, travelling to Mexico doesn't re-set the clock. Travelling to Ireland for a week or two technically does, but the immigration officer at the border gets to decide how much time to give you every time, and the general rule is that you have to spend more time outside the USA than inside, so they are unlikely to give you another 90 days so quickly.

BTW, the 90 day visit for Irish citizens is not a tourist visa, it is the visa waiver program.

Advertisement