Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shower tripping

Options
  • 18-09-2012 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭

Shower has started tripping in the last few mornings after about ten seconds,it is the trip switch on its own at the top right hand side of the box that has r.c.d on it,when i try to flick it back up it flips back down,anyone got any ideas what is wrong?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

I'd say its a fault in the heater element of the shower ,a electrician can test it and replace if its faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

maxfresh wrote: »
    I'd say its a fault in the heater element of the shower ,a electrician can test it and replace if its faulty
    Thanks Max,is it an expensive fix if its faulty and would I be better upgrading my ten year old Triton whem Im getting hit for the heater element?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

if it's the heater tank

yes it'd be better to replace the ten year old shower

might be worth an inspection inside the shower for damp around the tank etc.-you might be lucky

M cebee wrote: »
    if it's the heater tank

yes it'd be better to replace the ten year old shower

might be worth an inspection inside the shower for damp around the tank etc.-you might be lucky
    Actually,went back in to look again at it and set it to cold and gradually turned it up to hot,it kept going but i see there is a dribble of water coming out underneath the unit just beside another open outlet,it must be leaking water inside the unit somewhere?

is it an instant shower then?

• Advertisement

is it an instant shower then?
    Yes,its a t90si,turned of everything and opened the casing,cant see where the leak is coming from but there is water sitting on top of the element.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Best bet for safety seen as its 10years old replace the shower then will last you about the same not much point in repairing.

Best bet for safety seen as its 10years old replace the shower then will last you about the same not much point in repairing.

depends really how serious the issue is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

depends really how serious the issue is
    Its at its life span especially if used a lot so if its tripping the rcbo I would recommend a change of shower (age= not worth spending money on)

Its at its life span especially if used a lot so if its tripping the rcbo I would recommend a change of shower (age= not worth spending money on)

yes it isn't worth spending much on a repair here and a replacement may be safest bet
    just pointing out
    in some cases damp /water inside unit may be a simple fix
    although i wouldn't give any instructions on these issues

• Advertisement

I would if at all possible at the moment try to replace a part if it was 50-60 if i could identify which part, because it would be a good while before i could be coming up with the money for the new shower,know its probably a fase economy on a shower this age with other parts liable to go,but thats the way things are at moment

Advertisement