Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting a Website - Explain to a beginner

Options
  • 18-09-2012 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

I am a student making a website.

The college will provide hosting in a few weeks but I am considering hosting my website with blacknight to get things moving. I have registered a few domains with Blacknight.

As a newby can you please briefly explain to me the process involved , is it as simple as uploading my html files, folders, etc to your server?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi

If you already have a domain name you simply get some hosting and connect the two together.

Then you upload your files or install your preferred CMS (Wordpress / Joomla etc.,) and off you go.

If you have any issues or questions are technical support team can assist you

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 49 JaneCompti

Blacknight wrote: »
    Hi

If you already have a domain name you simply get some hosting and connect the two together.

Then you upload your files or install your preferred CMS (Wordpress / Joomla etc.,) and off you go.

If you have any issues or questions are technical support team can assist you

Michele

How do you upload those files/install with Blacknight? How do you contact the technical team?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

JaneCompti wrote: »
    How do you upload those files/install with Blacknight?
    Use FTP.

Details are in the control panel
    JaneCompti wrote: »
    How do you contact the technical team?
    Click on the "support" tab on our main page :)

Advertisement