Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic to CIT

Options
  • 18-09-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Travelling to CIT is a new experience for us , but OMG its unreal. This morning left Carrigaline at 745 and arrived to CIT at 905. Barely got a car space. Drove around for 45 mins yesterday looking for a space. Is it always like this ? Does anyone know if approaching from the West would help ? Travelling into Ballinhassig and coming on on the Bandon rd past Dunnes ?
    As for the parking !! Does anyone know of any car spaces to rent for the year ? A Driveway or whatever ?
    What a nightmare !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Feckin' students and their cars, ye need some hardship.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I was wondering what the story was with all the traffic going west on the south link. Some disaster. I used by able to get to work in 10-15 minutes. Now it takes half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I used to head in early, go to the gym and get a parking space that way, the fact we had a lab almost always free was helpful to pass the time too.

The Bandon Road would probably be best if you take the left instead of heading through to Wilton that brings you out by the Church and then snake you way through the Estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Traffic was crazy everywhere this morning for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It'll be a lot worse by the end of the month when all of UCC is back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Travelling to CIT is a new experience for us , but OMG its unreal. This morning left Carrigaline at 745 and arrived to CIT at 905. Barely got a car space. Drove around for 45 mins yesterday looking for a space. Is it always like this ? Does anyone know if approaching from the West would help ? Travelling into Ballinhassig and coming on on the Bandon rd past Dunnes ?
    As for the parking !! Does anyone know of any car spaces to rent for the year ? A Driveway or whatever ?
    What a nightmare !

You should get a student monthly ticket and get the bus from Carrigaline and connect with the 205 out to CIT - quicker and much much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

I've seen people land into the carpark early to get a spot and sleep in their car til 9 or whenever their classes start.... hell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

€64 a month for a student suburban & city bus pass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Yeah I usually go as far as Bandon Rd roundabout and go left and through the estates like razorblunt said. You get stuck for ages at teh traffic lights and the turn across from Deans Hall for ages, no one ever lets you go left there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

What a nightmare !

Come through ballinhassig and up the Bandon Road. Much faster. At Bandon ROad Roundabout, go left, take exit for curraheen. Then go through Uam Var and into CIT. You'll do it in less than 45 mins at that time.:D

P.S. Spaces are gone by 8:50, but you would be ssurprise how many spaces are there at 8:40. Its like magic how fast it fills.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Back in my day you had to walk through the snow barefoot for 7 miles only to find out the Lecturer didn't feel like showing up... and ya still called him Sir the next day.

Advertisement