Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting my local branch

Options
  • 18-09-2012 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I was phoning my local branch of BofI a few moments ago on the number I have for them. This was a work related call. I was connected to a call centre and when I explained that I need to speak with the Manager in my local branch she kept asking me for my Bank account details,

I tried to explain to her on 4 occassions that it was not a personal matter and I was not a Bank of Ireland customer but a work call in relation to a client. She told me in that case she wouldn't be putting me throught as I wasn't giving her any account numbers and I should just walk into the bank to see the Manager.

I thought this level of customer service was awful. Just wondering has any had a problem like this with the Bank of Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

Our branch manager gave us his directline number, so we could bypass the call centre.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi shoes34,

Apologies for the issue you experienced when trying to get through to the branch. When a call is received into the call centre the representative is asked to try and obtain as much information as possible before either transferring the call to the staff member if they are available or alternatively if the branch staff member is unavailable they have the option to sending a detailed message to them. In the request the call centre representative can include a request for a callback to the person on the phone.

If you would like to PM us with some details we can pass it on to the branch manager in question and request that they get in touch with you. In your PM please include your name, contact number, and the reason for your call along with the name of the manager and the location of the branch you are trying to reach.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Tow wrote: »
    Our branch manager gave us his directline number, so we could bypass the call centre.

we too had their direct number in our office but on ringing it it went to the Call Centre.

It was more the girl spoke to me more than anything when I tried to explain that it was a business call on behalf of a client she still kept asking me for my Bank Account details even after I explained I wasn't a BofI customer.

Advertisement