Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Placement?

Options
  • 18-09-2012 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Hey I am currently in WCFE studying Computer maintanence and need a work placement for 10 weeks.
    I am just wondering did anyone in Waterford have luck finding a placement in the past and could you tell me where it was? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

I have'nt needed or done this sort of placement but i know some fellas studying computers and pc world on the cork rd take in some each year to work in their tech department as far as i know. That could be a good or a bad thing for yourself , they could be more than happy to have ya or happy enough as they are, all the same it could'nt hurt to try them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Old Perry wrote: »
    I have'nt needed or done this sort of placement but i know some fellas studying computers and pc world on the cork rd take in some each year to work in their tech department as far as i know. That could be a good or a bad thing for yourself , they could be more than happy to have ya or happy enough as they are, all the same it could'nt hurt to try them.
    I already have but they are full already a week before college started :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Ah tough luck, there is bound to be someone looking for a hand if you keep looking, hope you find somewhere all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Waterford Micro Systems, by the Theater Royal and Johnny Fans. Shane is the lads name, good local company.

Hope it helps

Advertisement