Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Offer Letter - Timeframe

Options
  • 18-09-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I have applied for a mortgage for an house build. I have received a offer letter that I have discussed with my solicitor and am happy to accept. I have signed the offer letter and returned with all supporting documents set out in the conditions salary cert, house valuation etc.

What is the timeframe from returning a mortgage offer letter signed with all the conditions meet to funds being made available to pay the builder?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi HurlingBoy,

It will depend on what documents may be still outstanding. If you contact our customer relationship unit on 01-6113333, an agent can check to see what may still be needed for your mortgage.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 46 HurlingBoy

Hi Linda,
    So I know what is outstanding from the offer letter and have sent these now but I want to know how long before funds will be made available?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 neverfindaname

Once all conditions precedent are complied with, its your Solicitor who requests the draw down (with the required aib/boi/nib paperwork for a draw down). Once all legals are complied with, the bank is able to release monies, this is a matter for your Solicitor to confirm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi HurlingBoy,

Once all items on the loan offer have been complied with and accepted, your cheque will be printed on the date requested.

To check the status of your loan cheque please contact the Customer Relationship Unit on 01 6113333.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement