Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car crate recommendation

• 18-09-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hello
    I'm trying to source a car crate for my golden retriever and could fit in the boot of a nissan qashqai.
    Can somebody advise me a crate?
    Thanks
    Fredo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭meow

Have a look on Amazon.
    The bigger the dog the more expensive the crate
    You could also try DoneDeal, look under Pet Accessories.
    My dogs just go in the back seat- which is why the car smells of wet dog and you can't tell what colour the back seat is supposed to be!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Hooked

Is a foldable fabric carte an option? We picked one up on zooplus for about 40 euro for our husky (not for the car as its an old 3 series touring with a retractable divide). We use it when camping and visiting in place of the metal crate. Might do the trick? Not sure how big the boot of a qashqai is though...

EDIT
    This one LARGE:

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/folding_dog_kennels/226050

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Zooplus usually have offers on their car crates - check their different sites (list is on bottom right of their pages) for the best price. I have an Atlas 100 crate for my retriever but it's his bed in the kitchen - for the jeep I use a halfords guard attached to the back headrests and a car harness.

Advertisement