Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re moving away from current Electricty provider

Options
  • 18-09-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

On Pat Kenny show this a.m. -

Someone that texted in said that it's not easy to switch as when they tried from Airtricity to ESB they had to pay €8.50, set up a new account and wait 13 months??

Did I hear that right?.

I've been with BG for last 2 years or so and am looking to go to Airtricity now - bonkers tells me I can save 110.00 over the year.

Am I bonkers moving to Airtricity if when I want to move away I have to go through the above???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

vicwatson wrote: »
    On Pat Kenny show this a.m. -

Someone that texted in said that it's not easy to switch as when they tried from Airtricity to ESB they had to pay €8.50, set up a new account and wait 13 months??

Did I hear that right?.

I've been with BG for last 2 years or so and am looking to go to Airtricity now - bonkers tells me I can save 110.00 over the year.

Am I bonkers moving to Airtricity if when I want to move away I have to go through the above???
    a lot of people report problem with airtricity and a 2 year contract.
    be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'll repeat what I often say - I don't want this thread turning into a general tirade against certain providers. Stick to the original question

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I switched from BG to EBS this month, took two minutes online and about 2 weeks to get my final bill from BG. The only way I would have seen any problems if the BG bill had had arrears of more than €150 then they won't release the switch over. Mine was not in arrears so it went smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I switched from electric ireland to Airtricity a few months ago and had no problems. A couple of phone calls to pass on details of landlord and then final meter readings. Account was closed from date I requested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

There is no way you pay a charge to move suppliers. End of!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement