Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re moving away from a supplier to Electric Ireland

Options
  • 18-09-2012 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

On the Pat Kenny show this a.m. -

Someone that texted in said that it's not easy to switch as when they tried from Airtricity to Electric Ireland they had to pay €8.50, set up a new account and wait 13 months??

Did I hear that right ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi vicwatson,

There are no fees for switching electricity/gas providers (unless the property in question needs to be reconnected), and the customer is switched over within 20 working days.

It's actually a very straightforward process - customers can switch online here, call 1850 30 50 90, or we can arrange a callback if they provide their contact details.
    vicwatson wrote:
    when they tried from Airtricity to Electric Ireland they had to pay €8.50, set up a new account and wait 13 months??

I'm at a bit of a loss to explain this one. Perhaps the texter was referring to the length of time it takes to have a security deposit refunded (which is actually 14 months/6 clear bills, and is not a requirement if you pay via direct debit). The €8.50 charge I cannot account for, unless it was outstanding from a time when the customer did have an account with us.

If you have any other questions I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement