Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request Data from Employer

Options
  • 18-09-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I would like to request all my information from my Employer.

I work for a Multinational, and have a number of reasons to file the request.

I've had a number of meeting with HR over the past year, as they were trying to pin me on a disciplinary, but they decided to take no action.

I don't trust them, and wish to examine my records, can anybody please advise a process?

Regards
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Here's how you do it under the terms of the data protection act.
    http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/rights/2d.htm&CatID=17&m=r

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I don't trust them, and wish to examine my records, can anybody please advise a process?

Do you seriously think they are going to leave anything like that on the files??? Multinationals normally have procedures and law officers to ensure that they meet legal requirements and don't expose them to litigation as a result of the file contents. Typically once a decision is reached all documentation is destroyed except for a brief summary like for example:

"Tom was a accused of using the company wheelbarrow for personal use, investigated and no case found."

Perhaps you'll get lucky, but I really would not be expecting much.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Do you seriously think they are going to leave anything like that on the files??? Multinationals normally have procedures and law officers to ensure that they meet legal requirements and don't expose them to litigation as a result of the file contents. Typically once a decision is reached all documentation is destroyed except for a brief summary like for example:

"Tom was a accused of using the company wheelbarrow for personal use, investigated and no case found."

Perhaps you'll get lucky, but I really would not be expecting much.

You'd be quite amazed!

Advertisement