Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Internet - Tech Support ignoring calls

• 18-09-2012 11:43am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just curious has anybody else tried to call / email UTV Internet Tech Support lately and be greeted with a message that they are experiencing high volume of calls, but they never answer?

I stayed on the phone for two separate days for close to an hour with no response. But if you call customer care Sales, they answer immediately and promise someone from Tech will contact you back. They don't. At least, not for us.

Customer with them (before 2007 or so) for a long time and while their support was never that good, we haven't had a need to speak with them for sometime but our WiFi Router has gone to pot and I need the username/password for connecting to the internet for the replacement. Simple query but no answer. Emailed them a few weeks ago, and again last night - nothing. Likewise I called, but nothing.

Anyone else have problems with them?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Sully wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Just curious has anybody else tried to call / email UTV Internet Tech Support lately and be greeted with a message that they are experiencing high volume of calls, but they never answer?

I stayed on the phone for two separate days for close to an hour with no response. But if you call customer care Sales, they answer immediately and promise someone from Tech will contact you back. They don't. At least, not for us.

Customer with them (before 2007 or so) for a long time and while their support was never that good, we haven't had a need to speak with them for sometime but our WiFi Router has gone to pot and I need the username/password for connecting to the internet for the replacement. Simple query but no answer. Emailed them a few weeks ago, and again last night - nothing. Likewise I called, but nothing.

Anyone else have problems with them?

I got through to them a few mins ago the hub is down in Dublin so don't change any passwords just yet they are working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 arcus

Likewise - noticed that broadband was not working - rang helpline before 11am - had to wait 15 mins for a reply - spoke to support service - apparently city west hub is down and hence no service - support unable to advise when it would be up and running. This happened two years ago when I was with eircom and it took three days to resolve - hope this does not happen again...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

got a message this morning when i tried to ring saying they were having technical difficulties on the network. Phone rang for quite a while too before this message came on.

Internet was down for around two hours for me, but it seems to be back now and speeds are good. Hopefully this is the end of it.

Interesting that you have your broadband back - still no joy here - south kildare - tried rebooting modem etc - utv broadband still down........ :-(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

arcus wrote: »
    Interesting that you have your broadband back - still no joy here - south kildare - tried rebooting modem etc - utv
    broadband still down........ :-(

I am still down here too :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Trying again now - second time this evening. I wonder are we on some sort of block?! :D

Yep back up and running :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

Had issues earlier alright. Usually get that message when calling tech support, afaik they have very few support staff, but typically get through to someone within a few minutes.

Update guys - broadband didnt come back all afternoon. Finally rang UTV at 5pm - got speaking to tech support after 15 min wait.
    Had to go thru modem configuration on pc with tech support again to get connection re-established - all ok now.

However I wouldn't have been able to resolve without help from techies at UTV......

Advertisement