Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margam Castle Ghost Hunt

Options
  • 18-09-2012 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Anyone ever been to this place? While the day photos look like a nice castle we're going at night from 9pm to 5am on a ghost hunt. Want to see if anyone had any experiences... :)
    One frequently encountered spirit is thought the be Robert Scott a gamekeeper at the house for many years. It is thought that Scott was murdered by a poacher and his spirit still rages around the grounds today. Robert Scott has often been seen purposefully ascending the Gothic staircase leading the Castle. His presence is consumed with rage over his unjust killing. Rocks have been thrown at those who hold seances and endeavour to speak with the spirits.

The most violent and angry spirit is certainly Robert Scott who is said to have slammed doors and hurled projectiles, and emit a foreboding presence. The sound of giggling children is heard frequently through the long corridors and dramatic rooms of the family areas. There have been reports of children in Victorian dress seen drifting in and out of doorways and moving objects for fun so don’t forget to bring some items for them to play with. The large figure of the blacksmith is a familiar vision to many of the gamekeepers and gardening staff who maintain the vast castle grounds. At night security guards have reported running footsteps and chattering voices with no sign of any living intruder. Reports of cold spots and orbs in the Castle are very regular

PP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

is that the place in wales? all I know is I wouldnt pay 55 sterling to walk around a castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

maccored wrote: »
    is that the place in wales? all I know is I wouldnt pay 55 sterling to walk around a castle.

You know that someday we will all see a ghost and you wont :p.

OP I havnt been but please upload some pics here when you get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

While I can see your point they were a Christmas present. ;)

heading this Friday night and the thing is on Saturday. Yeah i'll hopefully get some nice shots for future goers.

I haven't really thought about it much until now actually but the excitement/fear is starting to hit. The strange thing is the the idea of people walking down stairs and stuff don't really phase me but the idea of hearing kids has. Shall be interesting i'm sure.

Brining a video camera with the Green night vision for the crack. Should add to the suspense.... always reminds me when I see the night vision of that scene in end of blair witch.... F*** what have i gotten my self into. :)

PP

maccored wrote: »

Hey , the spirit world hasnt escaped the recession either:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Riamfada wrote: »
    You know that someday we will all see a ghost and you wont :p.

Beat you to it - though I heard stuff rather than seen. 4 years worth of heard stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement