Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues Logging In

Options
  • 18-09-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Due to policies in the office we clear down all cookies on machines on logout.

every time because of this i have to log back into boards (not an issue) however when i enter my username and password and press enter/click login it brings be back to the login page and i have to login again. When i enter the details the second time it happens as well.

I've also tested this out on my home computer on Firefox & IE9 and the issue persists.

not a show stopper but somewhat an inconvenience.

cheers,
    A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

What's the error and where are you logging in (as in the URL you're using to log in). This behaviour cannot be replicated from my few tests.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

just browsing to www.boards.ie (no proxies)

click sign in.

enter username and password

press enter / click login.

sometimes logs me in first time, when i click a link it asks for my credentials again.

sometimes it brings me back to the logon screen with no error and asks for my credentials again.

its almost like its not getting the cookie stored properly?

Hi Danny,
    sorry,

basically no error. i browse to www.boards.ie (no proxies) and click sign in. enter username and password and click login

sometimes it allows me through and when i click my forums it asks me to sign in again. or sometimes it just makes me sign in again straight away without any error.

its almost like its having difficulty creating the cookie on my machines but it always works on the second attempt.

don't know if you changed anything today but it didn't happen this morning/afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I've not messed with anything this evening. I'm going to move this over to Site Development though, just to keep an eye on it.

Danny

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement