Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northface jackets/coats

Options
  • 18-09-2012 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know of any online irish sites that sell genuine Northface outerwear? I need a good weatherproof winter jacket with a hood that looks good quality...I have had a few of the imidation versions that Penney's bring out every year but they just dont cut it.

Saw a fab one in Macy's in NY last summer, white, padded...gorgeous but couldn't justify $169 when it was 36 degress outside...but it was a bargin...shouldn't have left it behind :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

P.s I know they have an Irish website but they don't list stockists in Ireland....I could do with trying a few on for size and fit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭The Mulk

They have a Northface outlet shop in the kildare village outlet.
    I was down there on Sunday and they had some nice bargains.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Great Outdoors stock Northface stuff, ain't the cheapest though: http://www.greatoutdoors.ie/index.php?cPath=230_240_40

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Castlehaven

It depends on whether you are specifically after the NF brand but there are some equally good and better options out there that may not cost you as much - Mountain Equipment, Rab to name two that in my personal opinion outperform NF in many areas. They are more niche manufacturers who are not as high profile.....dare I say fashionable....as NF

Depends greatly on what you expect form the jacket and where you are going to use it of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

they have a shop in temple bar aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Thanks Mickeroo...I'll take a look at that website...and thanks everyone else for your suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

North Faces 'Hyvent' stuff is worthless imo, the gore tex stuff is great but much pricier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I've a Northface 4 season coat/jacket, code is F06y312, it's essentially one with a removable inner fleece. Fleece is excellent as is the coat in wind or cold dry conditions, I have to say at times like that it's very warm and comfortable. Only problem is when it rains the water runs straight down the front of the jacket onto my thighs which leaves the trousers wet.

It's an appalling fault in what is supposed to be a quality all round coat and after paying near €200 for it 6 years ago, needless to say I'm raging about it. I took it back to 53 Degrees North and they weren't interested. The design isn't their fault but they couuldn't be arsed to inform Northface about this. Seriously disappointed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

bijapos wrote: »
    . Only problem is when it rains the water runs straight down the front of the jacket onto my thighs which leaves the trousers wet.

Every waterproof jacket will run off over trousers. It's hard to install guttering and down pipes on a jacket. You should wear waterproof bottoms to avoid wet legs or get a trench coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Every waterproof jacket will run off over trousers. It's hard to install guttering and down pipes on a jacket. You should wear waterproof bottoms to avoid wet legs or get a trench coat.

I actually curious where the poster suggest's the water should go, personally I found standing on my head made the water flow the opposite direction although stuff kept falling out my pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I've a Northface 4 season coat/jacket, code is F06y312, it's essentially one with a removable inner fleece. Fleece is excellent as is the coat in wind or cold dry conditions, I have to say at times like that it's very warm and comfortable. Only problem is when it rains the water runs straight down the front of the jacket onto my thighs which leaves the trousers wet.

It's an appalling fault in what is supposed to be a quality all round coat and after paying near €200 for it 6 years ago, needless to say I'm raging about it. I took it back to 53 Degrees North and they weren't interested. The design isn't their fault but they couuldn't be arsed to inform Northface about this. Seriously disappointed with it.

It's a wind up..I hope so from someone with over 3k posts :confused:

sparrowcar wrote: »
    It's a wind up..I hope so from someone with over 3k posts :confused:

No it's not a wind up. I had a Berghaus coat before this and never had the same problem to the same extent that the water is essentailly dumped right onto one spot. I met some people on a trip in Austria and they weren't happy with the same jacket either. Fair enough, each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

No it's not a wind up. I had a Berghaus coat before this and never had the same problem to the same extent that the water is essentailly dumped right onto one spot. I met some people on a trip in Austria and they weren't happy with the same jacket either. Fair enough, each to their own.

Ahh no bijapos, come back, I'll make sure the lads leave it out ;)

I think your description was a bit off putting tbh. Bringing any clothing back to the store 6 years after the purchase is pushing it a bit unless it's an actual fault with the garment rather than a more personal issue.

That said the jacket is designed to keep the rain off and out of you and it sounds like it's doing exactly that just at the expense of your trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

That said the jacket is designed to keep the rain off and out of you and it sounds like it's doing exactly that just at the expense of your trousers.

I know what he means, I think. I had a rain jacket a while back that would channel all the water that hit the front of the coat into a stream right at the crotch. It really was a design fault (and not just mine - others had the same problem).

Ahh no bijapos, come back, I'll make sure the lads leave it out ;)

I think your description was a bit off putting tbh. Bringing any clothing back to the store 6 years after the purchase is pushing it a bit unless it's an actual fault with the garment rather than a more personal issue.

I took it back after about 4 weeks after using it twice in rain, not 6 years.

Advertisement