Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed oz before second visa was granted. (help)

Options
  • 18-09-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I know i don't need to give my life story but,
    my 1st visa was ending on the 27th of august, i did my regional work and applied for my 2whv the beginning of June as i planned on staying right through my second year.
    in between the 2 months i fell really ill, on the 24th of august i made the decision to fly home as i was advised to get scans and tests done and the doctors in Perth were hopeless and not giving answers and as i was unable to Work i figured i could "Holiday" at home until i was better.
    before i left i went into the department of immigration in Perth, i inquired about my situation,
    told him i had applied for my 2whv,
    that i did not receive confirmation that i had a 2nd visa granted yet,
    that i was leaving today and didn't know if i would be back in 2 weeks or 2 months as i was awaiting test results.
    i asked if my visa would just be granted and that if would continue from the 28th august. he told me that as i applied in the country i need to be in the country for it to be granted, and that i need to buy another visa (A 006 IICRM) and the second working holiday visa will remain on hold (not granted) until i re-enter the country than the process will start again and i could be waiting another 4 weeks for it to be granted once i enter.
    So i bought this visa and headed home.

on the 4th of September i received a Email that i needed to forward on extra documentation for my visa to be granted, so i sent off my 1263 Employer Verification form and a Headed letter that i received off my employer for the 3 months,

first Question, i have attached the documentation to the online application, do i need to E-mail someone to notify i did so?

then another E-mail later that evening telling me i need to be back in Australia in 4 weeks or my application will be cancelled, or i will have to cancel and re-apply again,
    There is no contact information in the E-mail the only e-mail address is 2ndWHM.Helpdesk@immi.gov.au but every time i send a e-mail to that address i just receive a automated response.

this is a load of BS, if i have to re apply again that's another $280, meaning iv wasted the last $280 applying and another $200 for that 006 visa that the guy in immigrations told me i needed to get so i wouldnt be in this situation,

Dose anyone know what route i need to go down to get this sorted?
    Or a email address for the department of immigration that i can contact someone on and not just receive a automated response?

Thank-you
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

If you dont get a satisfactory response from the department of immigration then you can contact the government ombudsman and make a complaint. The ombudsman has the power to investigate complaints about the administrative decisions of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship in the same way as any other Australian Government department or agency.

http://www.ombudsman.gov.au

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

You should just ring them up!

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa-enquiries/

You'll be put on hold for a while but if you persevere you should be able to talk to someone with some authority

• Registered Users Posts: 39,340 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Googling A 006 IICRM turns up nothing (except this thread). Are you sure thats the right name?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ali-d1936

IICRM = if i can remember correctly, sorry about the confusion, it turns out its a 1006 bridging visa,
    That is it below.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1006.pdf

it seems i cannot contact anyone in austraila via phone about the visa, insted there is a number in England as the Australian Embassy in Dublin has no visa function according to there website.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/

so ill ring these guys tomorrow and hopefuly find some answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,340 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ali-d1936 wrote: »
    IICRM = if i can remember correctly, sorry about the confusion, it turns out its a 1006 bridging visa,
    lol, for future reference it's IIRC
    "if I remember correctly" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ali-d1936

Mellor wrote: »
    lol, for future reference it's IIRC
    "if I remember correctly" :)

Sorry about that :)

well got through to the department in England was told that i would need to return to OZ in 3 days or else the Via application will be dropped without refund, and i will need to reapply from outside the country another $280 and would need to be outside the country for it to be granted. so all and all a very pleasent expierence, :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

ali-d1936 wrote: »
    Sorry about that :)

well got through to the department in England was told that i would need to return to OZ in 3 days or else the Via application will be dropped without refund, and i will need to reapply from outside the country another $280 and would need to be outside the country for it to be granted. so all and all a very pleasent expierence, :mad:

Like I said make a complaint to the ombudsman and tell them the advice you were given in Perth and how it was misleading and has resulted in you being out of pocket due to it not being correct.

Advertisement