Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions of Spain v Champions of England

• 18-09-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't get much bigger than this, massive game tonight to kick off the Champions League.

Yes it's a tough group for City but it's the same for the other three involved and I for one am looking forward to it. If you had've said to me in 2006 under Pearce that we'd be off to the Bernabeu for a Champions League game within ten years I'd have laughed a lot.

If we win then magic, if not there's no shame in it. I'll happily take a point.

City team guess -

Hart

Zabaleta--Kompany---Lescott---Clichy

Garcia
    Barry

Silva
    Yaya
    Nasri

Tevez

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Would have liked to have seen this but wiill be working......

3/1 the draw is a stonkng bet,Madrid are way off and City will fancy getting something from this.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

dahat wrote: »

3/1 the draw is a stonkng bet,Madrid are way off and City will fancy getting something from this.........

Not bad odds, a buddy has €5 on no goals at 11/1, throwing away money.

I think Real will nick it though but thats not discounting City who have more then enough fire power to put goals past Real.

3-2 Real in a UCL classic. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

dahat wrote: »

I just took 7/2 with Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

6-0 to Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

The pick of the group stage matches by far!

Neither team on sparkling form at the minute, but that shouldn't matter too much on an occasion like this. Hopefully we'll see an attacking game with plenty of goals.

If City can take any points here they should go away very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

City have generally been fairly toothless away from home over the last 6-8 months and Real are under serious pressure to get back on track.

3-1 Madrid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Blatter wrote: »
    City have generally been fairly toothless away from home over the last 6-8 months and Real are under serious pressure to get back on track.

3-1 Madrid.

Cant wait for this. Hopefully Madrid teach them a good lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Madrid are in terrible form but at home so a draw for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Real win this handily imo. A comfortable 2-0!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Should be a great match, Real are already 8 point behind Barcelona so massive pressure on them.

I see City taking an early lead then Madrid winning 2-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Can't see anything but a Real win here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Should be a cracker, think City can nick a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

A draw would be handy for Borussia Dortmund, because I don't think, they will get more than a point against Ajax...and all teams with one point after matchday 1 leaves more options, I suppose ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

Real are in brutal form, City will take something from this, at least a draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i really think ppl are underestimating City here
    i can see them gettin a draw maybe even winning
    Madrid are in terrible form

Hard to call.

I hope City go for the win, it could be a cracker if they do

2-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Mancini's record in the CL is terribad over a decent enough sample size. Mou's record on the other hand is ridiculously good, should also have a big psychological advantage over Mancini as he took Inter to a place where mancini didn't get anywhere near.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

When you have big games like this form usually goes out the window, I think this will be a cracking game I reckon 3-2 to Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ronaldo to tear them apart with bit of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Love that thread title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Madrid pants so far this season, City not great either.

Jose slagging off his team (probably in the hope of getting a response outta them).

Madrid to win for me, but City will have at least one goal in them, so Madrid might need to get 2 or 3 to win.

Should be an open game anyway. Bring it on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

This is what I'm talking about. Five years ago City fans considered a decent season was to avoid relegation and European week night football was all but a pipe dream. Now here we are, with the chance to give francos boys a good thrashing on their own doorstep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Tv3 football to look forward to :mad:

syngindub wrote: »

bollócks! didnt even think of that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

syngindub wrote: »

On ITV as well thank god,I couldn't stomach TV3's coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

If Madrid turn up at all I expect a handy win for them. 2-0, Ronaldo and Ronaldo again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Love that thread title

I had to think who they were ;)

Both teams to score but Real to prevail.

This is on ITV and TV3 so its a bit "devil and the deep blue sea" but Clive and Andy still beats Trevor and Lou Marcari any day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

I anticipate a draw. Madrid are out of sorts and Man C are not at the races yet this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Love that thread title

Can't see it applying next season. For either team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I think people are under estimating city also.i really think they could nick it as long as they don't go too defensive (which they will)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

karma_ wrote: »
    This is what I'm talking about. Five years ago City fans considered a decent season was to avoid relegation and European week night football was all but a pipe dream. Now here we are, with the chance to give francos boys a good thrashing on their own doorstep.

I know crazy isn't it and they say money can't buy you happiness.

Mystifying. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Score draw, hard one to call a win either side wouldent surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

If Madrid play like they did in the first half of the 2nd leg in the el clasico a few weeks ago they will have no problems with city

I know crazy isn't it and they say money can't buy you happiness.

Mystifying. :eek:

Sorry, I forgot, United never spent a penny in the transfer market, nor were they extremely lucky that Fergie wasn't sacked before winning a Cup, nor was their good fortune compounded by the fact their rise to success coincided with the Premier League era which flushed them with cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Blatter wrote: »

3-1 Madrid.

3-1 is also what I'm going for.

Madrid in awful form, but at home and may be woken up after the loss to Sevilla.

City have been okay, but not hugely impressive so far, and on paper Madrid are still surely the better team.

I still believe Madrid and Barca are a slight cut above all the other big teams in Europe.

One thing I am expecting is at least a few goals. I don't see this finishing 1-0 or 1-1.

Should hopefully be a cracking game, hoping for a City win to make for an interesting story and pile the pressure on Mourinho and Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I don't think Madrid are really too bothered about La Liga this year. The board, the fans and the players are all talking about the Champions League, so I expect them to get a result tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

hope real hammer them:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That was an interesting stat on the Last Word.

In Madrids previous 42 seasons of European football, in their 1st game they have won 40 and drawn 2.

NIMAN wrote: »
    That was an interesting stat on the Last Word.

In Madrids previous 42 seasons of European football, in their 1st game they have won 40 and drawn 2.

All good stats must come to an end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Love that thread title

It's actually quiet remarkable that the champions of Germany and the Netherlands are the other teams in this group.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

TEAM (CITY): Hart, Clichy, Kompany, Nastasic, Maicon, Toure Y, Nasri, Barry, Silva, Garcia, Tevez #realvcity #MCFC

Casillas,Varane, Pepe, Khedira, Cristiano Ronaldo,Marcelo, Alonso, Essien,Arbeloa,Higuaín Di María #halamadrid #realmadrid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

Even with Essien playing, Real should have far too much for City. Cant see anything but an easy win for Real, too big a step up in quality for City. 3-0

Proper teams
    Real Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Fabio Coentrao, Khedira, Alonso, Di Maria, Modric, Ronaldo, Higuain. Subs: Adan, Kaka, Benzema, Ozil, Marcelo, Essien, Albiol.
    Man City: Hart, Maicon, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Toure, Barry, Silva, Tevez, Nasri, Balotelli. Subs: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Milner, Kolarov, Javi Garcia, Aguero, Rodwell.

Both lineups were from Madrid and city's official twitter pages .

Uefa got the lineups wrong I think

Yep ones I put up were right .

CA19A7CF-0854-4BB4-B262-97B609464B89-27959-0000094B3D6C0932.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Nastasic is in ahead of Lescott from what I can see.

Whoever the hell he is.

WTF????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Wonder why essien over modric? is modric injured? To mark yaya?

Never mind I see modric and ozil are on the bench. Jose trying to get a reaction after the weekend

Manchester City: Hart, Maicon, Clichy, Nastasić, Nasri, Javi García, Barry, Silva, Yaya Touré, Tévez SUBS: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Lescott, Kolarov, Rodwell, Džeko, Agüero.

void.gif
    img_ph.gif
    Real Madrid: Casillas, Varane, Pepe, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Khedira, Alonso, Essien, Di María, Ronaldo, Higuaín SUBS: Adán, Ramos, Coentrão, Kaká, Özil, Modrić, Benzema

Ramos and Ozil feeling Joses wrath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Starting Nastasic is brave (and a little crazy)

• Advertisement
Advertisement