Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions of Spain v Champions of England

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Frisbee wrote: »
    No, hence why those posts were dealt with by two separate Mods.

Ah ok, fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

keith16 wrote: »

Is it ok if he tells others to fcuk off?

I think it is ok. He's just seen his team lose in crazy circumstances and straight away loads of people are on the wind up and it's all directed towards him as he is the most obvious City fan here.
    If anyone who regularly posts on Internet forums is trying to say they are offended by being told to fcuk off then they really can fcuk off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Anyone reporting Xavi for this in here is a sensitive soul. Let's cheer him up by having a party.

2Un7F.gif

Felexicon wrote: »
    I think it is ok. He's just seen his team lose in crazy circumstances and straight away loads of people are on the wind up and it's all directed towards him as he is the most obvious City fan here.
    If anyone who regularly posts on Internet forums is trying to say they are offended by being told to fcuk off then they really can fcuk off

Fcuk off with your logic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

City can take positives from tonight. No shame in getting beat at one of hardest places to go in world Football. It was a game I expected Madrid to win and City gave them good go, but best team won, no question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Ashley Cole said on Twitter earlier that Hart "is best gk in the world #myopinion"

I lol'd.

Eh...Buffon would beg to differ.

Eh...Buffon would beg to differ.

Buffon is too classy for begging. He simply takes whatever he wants. In this case, "to differ".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

City can take positives from tonight. No shame in getting beat at one of hardest places to go in world Football. It was a game I expected Madrid to win and City gave them good go, but best team won, no question.

Aye. Return fixture will be interesting. City will qualify with a bit to spare anyway in my own opinion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

xavi 6 seems like a top man by all accounts and is by far one of the best posters in the forum...............no homo

i support neither team but it quite obvious he is being baited by multiple posters looking for a schmozzle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,676 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

xavi 6 seems like a top man by all accounts and is by far one of the best posters in the forum...............no homo

i support neither team but it quite obvious he is being baited by multiple posters looking for a schmozzle.

It's gay to say that? :pac:

Feel sorry for him why people have reported him is beyond me

tbf there was no post ott.

nothing serious.

wait till sunday:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I'm actually more offended by your "homo" remark
    The world has changed laddy, maybe you should too! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

wait till sunday:pac::pac:

I will most definitely be staying away from Boards that day! It's pointless with all the rubbish that gets thrown around. And no matter how much you try not to get involved, someone will always post something that's just so ridiculous you can't help but post!

The thread becomes a leech and takes everyone down with it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Awful way to lose. There may be positives to take but right now it feels awful. Conceding way too many goals in the last few games.

Can't be arsed with the haters posts. It's kind of funny really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

what the **** :confused::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

i was over effusive in my praise hence me implying that i dont infact want to lick his apple bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Real had 35 shots 12 on target

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Interesting post match interview by Kun, saying he would have went to Real if they wanted him and had no other options but to join City!

Mancini not too happy with Hart's assesment of his team-mates, saying "Joe should concentrate on his job"....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

what the **** :confused::pac:
    Reference to this song

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Mancini not too happy with Hart's assesment of his team-mates, saying "Joe should concentrate on his job"....

He's spot on, people are saying he didn't have a clear view of Ronaldo's shot but he should have done much better with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

On again now on ITV if anyone missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

dahat wrote: »
    Would have liked to have seen this but wiill be working......

3/1 the draw is a stonkng bet,Madrid are way off and City will fancy getting something from this.........

What a beautifull way to lose money,Ronaldo getting the winner,was never so happy to lose 20 bucks before......:D:D

On again now on ITV if anyone missed it.

Ah ITV, where you get commentary such as the below...why must they ruin football?

Clive: "Tevez looks across the line, it's a tight one..."

Andy: "That is a tight one, Clive"

Clive: "But the linesman has raised his flag"

Andy: "He certainly has, Clive".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Ah ITV, where you get commentary such as the below...why must they ruin football?

Clive: "Tevez looks across the line, it's a tight one..."

Andy: "That is a tight one, Clive"

Clive: "But the linesman has raised his flag"

Andy: "He certainly has, Clive".

My Word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Interesting post match interview by Kun, saying he would have went to Real if they wanted him and had no other options but to join City!

All good in the hood
    @aguerosergiokun: Just to make it clear - I'm very happy to be in @MCFC. It's the best decision I could have taken.

I feel comfortable and appreciated in @MCFC - it's a project I feel involved in. We want more titles and we'll get them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Fantastic second half. Didn't want it to end.

Won me some money too. So happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very good game of football and a very important win for Jose considering recent results.

I have a feeling the return game could be even more exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Didn't really get a chance to have a look in here during the ga........

tumblr_lnp6ngKGMR1qbjxm7.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I forgot about this and came down on my break to see Ronaldo and Jose sliding so was smiling away.

The game as one sided as the stats?

Surprised to see Madrid had 35 attempts and 55% of the possession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

RasTa wrote: »
    I forgot about this and came down on my break to see Ronaldo and Jose sliding so was smiling away.

The game as one sided as the stats?

Surprised to see Madrid had 35 attempts and 55% of the possession.

Yeah Madrid dominated especially in the first half but City always posed a threat on the break. Higuain was very wasteful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Poor game for Kompany. He looked all over the place for most of the game, as did Maicon. I also think Gareth Barry is just too slow to offer good protection to the back four.

Hart played very well in the first half but was at fault for goals number two and three. For the second, yes, Benzema was allowed to turn too easily but Harts positioning was dreadful. Far too central and game himself no chance to get accross. Basic keeping.

And the third goal, Hart can't blame Kompany. It was cowardly to duck out of the way but the shot was basically straight at him. It baffles me how the english can be so blind to his gaffe's. Remember the absolute roasting they gave Gomes when he had a mare against Real? Foreign keeper vs English keeper. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Caveman1 wrote: »
    When you have big games like this form usually goes out the window, I think this will be a cracking game I reckon 3-2 to Madrid.

Why dont I gamble anymore :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Why dont I gamble anymore :(

I made the same prediction on the first page. :p

Not to pushed though, waiting on Bayern to win tonight to give me a handy €255 back off €10 on an 8 team accum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Kirby wrote: »
    Poor game for Kompany. He looked all over the place for most of the game, as did Maicon. I also think Gareth Barry is just too slow to offer good protection to the back four.

Hart played very well in the first half but was at fault for goals number two and three. For the second, yes, Benzema was allowed to turn too easily but Harts positioning was dreadful. Far too central and game himself no chance to get accross. Basic keeping.

And the third goal, Hart can't blame Kompany. It was cowardly to duck out of the way but the shot was basically straight at him. It baffles me how the english can be so blind to his gaffe's. Remember the absolute roasting they gave Gomes when he had a mare against Real? Foreign keeper vs English keeper. :mad:

Spot on.

I dont know why people are blaming Hart. It was clearly Kompany's fault for the 3rd goal, Kompany was about 10 yards away from Hart when he got out of the way of a shot that he was blocking Hart from seeing, it whizzed over his head and Hart just about got a touch on it.

I'm all for beating the drum that the English media over protect their players and big them up but Hart is blameless for all of the goals IMO, it was his defence that left him down big time not closing down quickly enough for all the goals and a lot of attempts before it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Back in your box city!
    Is that the box that contains the last Premier League title? THE HORROR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i never want to see United fans moaning about rivals celebrating their losses again.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i never want to see United fans moaning about rivals celebrating their losses again.

but its OK for others to laugh at United when they get beat right?:rolleyes:

In fairness there nothing in here that was all that serious.

Just glad one of our past favourite players got winner against............ah rival.

Some people can give it, but cant take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

but its OK for others to laugh at United when they get beat right?:rolleyes:

it's ok for both to happen, obviously.

but Utd fans got precious in here by reporting Xavi for supporting City. that is ridiculous.
    In fairness there nothing in here that was all that serious.

when people are trying to get a guy infracted/banned, it's a little more than that. it's just being a bit of a childish asshole in all honesty.
    Just glad one of our past favourite players got winner against............ah rival.

Some people can give it, but cant take it.

exactly, if you can't take it, don't give it.

i've been accused for years by Utd fans in particular of being "small time" when i enjoy them losing. City lose tonight, and you see dozens of fans come out the woodwork here, on FB, on text, just absolutely loving it. it's very interesting.

for the record i think it's absolutely right to be able to slag off your rivals. i just reckon Utd fans aren't thinking it's "small time" right now.

If Joe Cole gets a winner against United on Sunday * I'm going to be all over it like a rash that he scored against a rival and see if I get reported. :p

Chances of a Joe Cole winner is as rare as hens teeth in this instance so expect no comments from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hilarious thread to glance through. The absolute hypocrisy from United fans is pure class. These people go on that Liverpool fans revel in United losing matches and that is pure minnowism etc etc etc. Yet, here are a whole load of Man U fans reveling in the fact that a player who didn't want to play for them anymore scoring a winner for a team they don't even support.

Double standards much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

gimmick wrote: »
    Hilarious thread to glance through. The absolute hypocrisy from United fans is pure class. These people go on that Liverpool fans revel in United losing matches and that is pure minnowism etc etc etc. Yet, here are a whole load of Man U fans reveling in the fact that a player who didn't want to play for them anymore scoring a winner for a team they don't even support.

Double standards much?

If you are talking about the same people then you have a good point. If they are different people but are Utd fans then the point is redundant.

Personally I'm happy for all this stuff to be confined to match threads. Don't think anything was posted in the City superthread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Haven't bother eaading through the rest of the thread (tbh it all sounds a bit rubbish) but ...

... what a 2nd half of football. Cracking game for the nuetral.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    it whizzed over his head and Hart just about got a touch on it.

"Just about getting a touch" on a shot thats straight at you is not good enough. Most keepers would have saved that.

Hart is blameless for all of the goals IMO,.

He was way out of position for Benzema's goal. If he was in the correct position, he would have had the angle covered and would have gotten to the shot.

Don't get me wrong, he made two very good saved in the first half for Ronaldo's shot and the 1v1. It's difficult for a keeper to get it right all the time, but to claim he is blameless is just silly.

Handling and positioning have always been his issue. If you watch back all the goals he has conceded you will notice a pattern to it. Park's goal for sunderland last season, Hart was out of position and made it easy for park to round him. United's brilliant tiki taka goal last season that nani finished off? Way out of position. Those are just two off the top of my head.

Back when City's training ground was open to the public, there was a 5 minute video of Balotelli taking shots on hart with a view from behind the goal. Even in this little snippet, it highlighted how he often wasn't in the technically correct position in relation to the angle of the shot. He either isn't listening to his coach or they aren't doing their job.

"Just about getting a touch" on a shot thats straight at you is not good enough. Most keepers would have saved that.

I dont know what yorr basing that on TBH, most keepers? He was unsighted and his CB got out of the way of a fast, dipping ball and seen it about 6 yards away from him, it isnt as bread and butter as you're making it out to be. Zabaleta and Kompany are to be blamed for that goal.

He was way out of position for Benzema's goal. If he was in the correct position, he would have had the angle covered and would have gotten to the shot.

I think you're taking away from an excellent finish, Benzemas touch and control and spin to shot on the edge of the box was out of this world, again he should have been closed down. Hart was on his line in the middle of the goal when an opposition forward had the ball on the edge of his box, centre of the goal, where else do you want him to be?

Don't get me wrong, he made two very good saved in the first half for Ronaldo's shot and the 1v1. It's difficult for a keeper to get it right all the time, but to claim he is blameless is just silly.

Handling and positioning have always been his issue. If you watch back all the goals he has conceded you will notice a pattern to it. Park's goal for sunderland last season, Hart was out of position and made it easy for park to round him. United's brilliant tiki taka goal last season that nani finished off? Way out of position. Those are just two off the top of my head.

If Cech had conceeded those goals I'd be blaming the defence for not closing down 3 shots that were fired in from circa 20-25 yards and it was happening all night, TBH, City paid for it, you cant let any team, let alone Real Madrid, with Ronaldo, Alonso, Higuain, Benzema have 35 shots in a game and expect them not to find the net, they were to naive in backing off and allowing Real onto them, its different with the Chelsea tactic off backing off against Barca as Barca wil try play there way into the box with one twos and eye of the needle passing and rarely resort to long range shooting, Real however let fly as often as they could and it paid off

Hart was on his line in the middle of the goal when an opposition forward had the ball on the edge of his box, centre of the goal, where else do you want him to be?

When the ball came to benzema's feet, he was too central. When Benzema spun and pushed the ball further to the left.....he stayed where he was and became way too central.

When the ball moves, you move with it. It's keeping 101.

When the ball came to benzema's feet, he was too central.

Thats where he was meant to be, centre of his goal. :confused:
    When Benzema spun and pushed the ball further to the left

Right
    .....he stayed where he was and became way too central.

When the ball moves, you move with it. It's keeping 101.

He shuffled across his line, one step. It SHOULD have been enough to cover him but Benzemas finish was top drawer and the ball started out wide of the post and bent in past the post, just. I'd be applauding the finish and ringing my CB's neck after that goal, not blaming my GK.

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's ok for both to happen, obviously.

but Utd fans got precious in here by reporting Xavi for supporting City. that is ridiculous.

when people are trying to get a guy infracted/banned, it's a little more than that. it's just being a bit of a childish asshole in all honesty.

exactly, if you can't take it, don't give it.

i've been accused for years by Utd fans in particular of being "small time" when i enjoy them losing. City lose tonight, and you see dozens of fans come out the woodwork here, on FB, on text, just absolutely loving it. it's very interesting.

for the record i think it's absolutely right to be able to slag off your rivals. i just reckon Utd fans aren't thinking it's "small time" right now.

You cant label all fans after one person reporting it. Hence "fans" is incorrect.

When one person goes ott then everyone is labeled in same brush.

To me this just seems like excuse for others now to have real good pop at United in future and come back to this as an excuse.

I found it funny last season when made comment(which was true) that some people went banana, calling me this and that and yet they made same claims earlier in another game, but hey once its not my team I can say what I like attitude.

• Advertisement
Advertisement