Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions of Spain v Champions of England

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

but its OK for others to laugh at United when they get beat right?:rolleyes:

In fairness there nothing in here that was all that serious.

Just glad one of our past favourite players got winner against............ah rival.

Some people can give it, but cant take it.

Call me naiive, but it seems the problem is not the banter, the laughing, etc, the problem is all the post reporting while at the same time provoking the poster. Any who engaged in reporting posts with the sole intention of damaging a poster are petty-minded children. You know who they are, I think we all know who they are, and I doubt anyone is surprised. I will be disappointed that it would be permitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

You cant label all fans after one person reporting it. Hence "fans" is incorrect.

When one person goes ott then everyone is labeled in same brush.

There was more then one person reported it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

mitosis wrote: »
    Call me naiive, but it seems the problem is not the banter, the laughing, etc, the problem is all the post reporting while at the same time provoking the poster. Any who engaged in reporting posts with the sole intention of damaging a poster are petty-minded children. You know who they are, I think we all know who they are, and I doubt anyone is surprised. I will be disappointed that it would be permitted.

Well I think thats where common sense should come in.

If Mod sees that poster is being risen and breaks rules I dont think that poster should get infracted or whatever. Maybe just PM just warn him.

In fairness Mods do good job here, better then another Forum which seems go by rule book to easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Right.

Left. When talking about a keeper, which we are, you view it from the keepers point of view.

He got his angles wrong. I've seen it multiple times and he isn't where he should be.

The finish was accurate, but not that powerful. One step forward and two steps to his left, and he touches it around the post and people talk about a "routine save" or "one you would expect him to make".

Half of the keepers job is done before the striker ever hits the ball. It's the nuances in goalkeeping that people tend to miss. Positioning might not be a sexy topic. It's not as eye catching as the athletic leap to tip the ball over. But it's arguably more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

There was more then one person reported it. ;)

Out of interest, how many different posters did report Xavi's posts? (not including the reports of the post that got infracted obviously)

Kirby wrote: »
    Left. When talking about a keeper, which we are, you view it from the keepers point of view.

But you said, you didnt mention to Hart's left you said Benzema pushed the ball to the left. *

Pedantic
    :p
    When Benzema spun and pushed the ball further to the left
    He got his angles wrong. I've seen it multiple times and he isn't where he should be.

The finish was accurate, but not that powerful. One step forward and two steps to his left, and he touches it around the post and people talk about a "routine save" or "one you would expect him to make". Half of the keepers job is done before the striker ever hits the ball. It's the nuances in goalkeeping that people tend to miss.

A finish never has to be powerful if its accurate enough to be out of a your reach though, how many times do we see Messi pass it into the net from similar positions? Its not like Benzemas shot trickled across the line from the edge of the box either though.

We'll have to agree to disagree I reckon. You're findging fault with Hart for 2 goals while I'm blaming the defence for not learning their lesson from the previous 80 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You cant label all fans after one person reporting it. Hence "fans" is incorrect.

When one person goes ott then everyone is labeled in same brush.

it wasn't one person.
    To me this just seems like excuse for others now to have real good pop at United in future and come back to this as an excuse.

of course it would. you're a Utd fan.

everyone else acts the victim, it's never Utd fans, eh?!
    I found it funny last season when made comment(which was true) that some people went banana, calling me this and that and yet they made same claims earlier in another game, but hey once its not my team I can say what I like attitude.

there's nothing wrong with slagging off another club.

but loads of people reporting a City fan for supporting his team is petty in the extreme.

Blatter wrote: »
    Out of interest, how many different posters did report Xavi's posts? (not including the reports of the post that got infracted obviously)

Without going into specifics there was 5 or 6 users reported posts from Xavi6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

SlickRic wrote: »
    i never want to see United fans moaning about rivals celebrating their losses again.

It's different when people waltz in when a team is losing. Nobody gives out about gloating fans as long as they were in the thread before their rival started losing. It's all part of the banter tbh. It's just annoying when somebody comes in and didn't appear in the match thread until their rival is losing.

They are two vastly different scenarios.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Without going into specifics there was 5 or 6 users reported posts from Xavi6.

Ah right, so a very small minority then. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If Joe Cole gets a winner against United on Sunday * I'm going to be all over it like a rash that he scored against a rival and see if I get reported. :p

Chances of a Joe Cole winner is as rare as hens teeth in this instance so expect no comments from me.

Cole is not the only ex Chelsea player in the Liverpool squad. :D

Problem was that a people that had barely been in the thread started coming into thread to offer their "sympathy" and it wasnt well received, naturally.

People who've posted in here and the amount of posts they had in this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2056757949

Kess73 wrote: »
    Cole is not the only ex Chelsea player in the Liverpool squad. :D

Aaaahhhhh forgot about Glen Johnson.

I'm not forgetting anyone else am I? :o

Edit : Oooopppps Borini, jaysus. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

cson wrote: »
    He should be helping himself to a large slice of the blame pie tbh.
    +1
    giving out that they shouldn't be throwing away 2-1 lead with 5 mins left he was at fault for both benzema's and ronaldo's goals... i think harte is a good keeper but see him as entering the same click as john terry and ashley cole.. i.e a bunch of big time charlie's that are all that is wrong with football(he is not in that league yet but will be very soon)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Re: Hart's Interview:

You have to admire his winning spirit, he is right if you are 2-1 up in the 87th minute you should not be leaving with nothing.

I'd imagine he extra annoyed because he should have done better for at least one of Real's goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Re: Hart's Interview:

You have to admire his winning spirit, he is right if you are 2-1 up in the 87th minute you should not be leaving with nothing.

I'd imagine he extra annoyed because he should have done better for at least one of Real's goals

2 goals benzema's shot came a far distance and wasn't the most powerful shot in the world and he was just terrible for ronaldo's regardless if the defender moved

+1
    giving out that they shouldn't be throwing away 2-1 lead with 5 mins left he was at fault for both benzema's and ronaldo's goals... i think harte is a good keeper but see him as entering the same click as john terry and ashley cole.. i.e a bunch of big time charlie's that are all that is wrong with football(he is not in that league yet but will be very soon)

So because Hart wants to win now hes a big time Charlie? :confused:

Also, what to Cole and Terry have to do with it?

You're allowed an opinion once it doesnt breach the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

As a Utd fan I don't think Hart is an arsehole. Comes across ok to me. Your logic is also flawed. I know plenty of arseholes, vast majority are not big time Charlies. Don't see the correlation tbh.

EDIT: In reply to a deleted post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Blatter wrote: »
    Ah right, so a very small minority then. Cheers.

About what, 60 posters on the thread? If even as many as 40 were Man Utd fans 5 or 6 is more than a "very small minority"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was a great game of football last night, and would have been a travesty if Madrid had lost it.

Hopefully it will be a sign of things to come for the CL Group Stage this year with plety of other tasty looking ties, compared with previous seasons when there were no decent games until March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

About what, 60 posters on the thread? If even as many as 40 were Man Utd fans 5 or 6 is more than a "very small minority"

He is talking about the number of posters who reported something. The idea being floated towards the end of the thread is that United fans, as a group, could give it but can't take it. Turns out it was only 5 or 6 Sensitive Simons out of hundreds of United fans on here who reported things so portraying them as a group now seems ridiculous.

He is talking about the number of posters who reported something. The idea being floated towards the end of the thread is that United fans, as a group, could give it but can't take it. Turns out it was only 5 or 6 Sensitive Simons out of hundreds of United fans on here who reported things so portraying them as a group now seems ridiculous.

Name and shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Turns out it was only 5 or 6 Sensitive Simons out of hundreds of United fans on here who reported things so portraying them as a group now seems ridiculous.

i agree.

let's just remember all this when people celebrate the next time United lose, and rivals come in and celebrate like crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

There were also Sensitive Simon responses which got plenty of thanks. You don't have to report a post to have been part of the "can give but can't take group" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Problem was that a people that had barely been in the thread started coming into thread to offer their "sympathy" and it wasnt well received, naturally.

People who've posted in here and the amount of posts they had in this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2056757949

Tbf, I'm an United fan with one post in this thread, but I had it open all night, and wasn't posting as I was watching the match/had no reason to post. I only posted as Xavi was trying to say City deserved something. Fair enough they scored two goals, but Real were the better side and outplayed City.

True enough. I don't mind the responses so much as the reporting, though. Trying to get someone banned is sad. Internetz etc.

i agree.

let's just remember all this when people celebrate the next time United lose, and rivals come in and celebrate like crazy.

Depends on the levels though. This thread has gained 5 extra pages since the game ended. Fairly tame for a match with a crazy ending like that.

In a similar United thread, the sheer number of United biters and rival fans taking the mickey would near break the forum.

Anyway, it's all a bit precious from some people. I love the wind-ups and I'd prefer if the forum were more lenient towards a good wind-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

of course it would. you're a Utd fan.

everyone else acts the victim, it's never Utd fans, eh?!

Jesus man have some respect for your own support.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Depends on the levels though. This thread has gained 5 extra pages since the game ended. Fairly tame for a match with a crazy ending like that.

Not really when you put that in proportion to the number of people posting who actually support either team involved.
    In a similar United thread, the sheer number of United biters and rival fans taking the mickey would near break the forum.

See above. If there wasn't such a post match influx of United fans you'd have gotten maybe 20 posts as opposed to well over 100.
    Anyway, it's all a bit precious from some people. I love the wind-ups and I'd prefer if the forum were more lenient towards a good wind-up.

Agreed. Last night was more fun than anything, especially when I could see the reported posts flooding in :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

True enough. I don't mind the responses so much as the reporting, though. Trying to get someone banned is sad. Internetz etc.

Would have to agree that trying to get someone banned over their internet persona is sad, but what is just as sad is some folk, and I do not mean you, earlier in the thread complaining about it when they are have been regular reporters of certain posters themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ok let's just get back to talking about the game now please...

Oops, didn't see Frisbee's post. Nothing to see here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just watching the champions league goals programme there.
    The attempt to absolve Joe Hart of any blame for Ronaldos goal is disgraceful.
    Blaming it all on Zabaleta :confused:
    "poor old Joe Hart left with no chance"
    Piss off Ray Wilkins for jaysus sake,it was almost straight at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Not bad odds, a buddy has €5 on no goals at 11/1, throwing away money.

I think Real will nick it though but thats not discounting City who have more then enough fire power to put goals past Real.

3-2 Real in a UCL classic. ;)

nice call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Great finish to the game last night, Hart covering himself in glory again is always amusing :) Some terrible defending from City in general though, players you would not expect it from like Kompany, beaten far too easily by Marcelo.

Maicon looks like the disaster he should turn out to be happily, plenty of blame to go around after last night Im sure and the manager should not escape his share of it, going away to Madrid and allowing the right side of your defence to be so exposed is unforgivable. Hopefully City will still get out of the group though, I think they will anyway, obviously better for United if that happens. From Madrid point of view, the only thing I can say is that although they were pretty dominant throughout it was not a vintage performance but it might just kick start the season.

Enjoyed the last 20 minutes of the game or so anyway :)

Advertisement