Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda talks about licensing on Reddit

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hunter21 wrote: »
    There is no one on hoping he/she will get caught?
    Correct; we've just seen the AGS crack down on individual Gardai (or try to) for this sort of thing in the past is all. It does carry a fair wallop of a penalty if a Garda's caught doing it - a fine and jail time if I remember right.

edit: Though, reading more about it, this guy is apparently breaking the Garda Siochana Act if he's a real Garda; I'm interested to see the rank-and-file's point of view like everyone else but wouldn't we want Gardai to adhere to that Act the way we have to adhere to the Firearms Act? A Garda convention is one thing; an Act's another.

Strikes me, thinking more about it, as being a bit more of a messy scenario than it first appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I think it is good, fair play to him. I don't see what the problem is once he dose'nt give away operational tactics or how they do certain things which he has'nt when asked. This country is corrupt to the core there should be a forum made available to the guards to voice any concerns they might have. If things are being done by the book and there is nothing being given away which might help the scum in our society then there is nothing to be afraid of. On the other hand if there are members who know of goings on but are too afraid to say or they have an opinion on unjust laws which have little to no affect then the public should know. Or perhaps they feel they could be doing more crime fighting and less tax collection then their opinion should be aloud to be posted somewhere for everyone to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

juice1304 wrote: »
    I think it is good, fair play to him. I don't see what the problem is once he dose'nt give away operational tactics or how they do certain things which he has'nt when asked. This country is corrupt to the core there should be a forum made available to the guards to voice any concerns they might have. If things are being done by the book and there is nothing being given away which might help the scum in our society then there is nothing to be afraid of. On the other hand if there are members who know of goings on but are too afraid to say or they have an opinion on unjust laws which have little to no affect then the public should know. Or perhaps they feel they could be doing more crime fighting and less tax collection then their opinion should be aloud to be posted somewhere for everyone to see.

I agree. I don't see what hes doing wrong. He seems like a nice decent fella. He isn't giving anything away. The garda have plenty of people giving them a bad name that get away with it and to chase this fella is ridiculous. It would be such a shame if he was to lose his job over it. . .

Advertisement