Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to move to canada

Options
  • 18-09-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I want to move to Canada Edmonton as I have a job and all to go to I dont know where to start so cold anyone help me that has been in the same position I rang one place and they said they wanted €600 to fill out all forms and they do everything could any one help me please I live in Tipperary want to move as soon as I can :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

caroline71 wrote: »
    Hi I want to move to Canada Edmonton as I have a job and all to go to I dont know where to start so cold anyone help me that has been in the same position I rang one place and they said they wanted €600 to fill out all forms and they do everything could any one help me please I live in Tipperary want to move as soon as I can :)

Is this job not helping you to move at all?
    Do they know you have no visa to work there?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

im a newbie too but this is what i know;
    u need a visa and they arent coming out till December - ish.
    once u have applied for a visa it takes around 3 months for it to come through.
    go4less are supposed to be good for filling out the forms and stuff and they cost 75 euro.
    if you have any more questions check out the other threads first cause you might find someone else asked the same question already.

let me know if you use go4less as i would like to know what they are like

media101 wrote: »
    im a newbie too but this is what i know;
    u need a visa and they arent coming out till December - ish.
    once u have applied for a visa it takes around 3 months for it to come through.
    go4less are supposed to be good for filling out the forms and stuff and they cost 75 euro.
    if you have any more questions check out the other threads first cause you might find someone else asked the same question already.

let me know if you use go4less as i would like to know what they are like

This is one possible option there are others options but no point giving advice until we know the full story

• Registered Users Posts: 4 caroline71

I will let you know I will ring go go for less I will fid out in the mprning thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

dont use go4less

they use the IEC visas that you can just go and get yourself for a fraction of the price

caroline if you have a job lined up, see if they'll sponsor you. that'll mean you don't have to wait for the IEC scheme to open in january

• Advertisement

Hi Helix its my brother IO am writingon behalf of he is 39 carpentry work qailfield / its our cousion who has the job for him in carpemtry work so all I know at the minute is get a garda certificate Global are looking for almost €3000 wow thats alot of money First are looking for €1250, why so expensive to move when i have the jobis there any other places i can try fora visa thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

What ??

Can your cousin get an LMO for your brother?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

It'll cost your brother $150 dollars for the permit it will mean your brother can work in Canada as a Temporary Foreign Worker for a year and then apply for PR status under the skilled worker program?
    When it reopens in January the requirements have changed to say you can apply after having 1 year of Canadian work experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yeah an LMO is the best option for a 39 year old as he's not eligible for the IEC visa due to his age. but your cousin will need to have a properly registered company, be willing to advertise the job in canada, and fill out the paperwork for your brother. so if it's a case of "ah sure ill sort you out with a job when you get here" rather than "im formally offering you a job for my company" then it gets trickier

Hi All thanks so much for the info I will pass it on to my brother and see what they come up with :):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement