Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you did as a kid that annoyed your parents

• 18-09-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

Break the handle of the shovel then stick it together so it could stand against the wall and daddy would come in a mad hurry grab it and it break in two.
    Himself and the missus went on holidays and left me in charge of the farm but I went to a music festival and the sheep took to the country losing five.
    Asked to paint the house and because it was pebble dashed got the knapsack sprayer and sprayed the house saving hours but also covered the car in little specks of magnolia and the dog and the washing.
    Constantly taking the lawnmower apart to see if I could reassemble it and every time failed miserably.
    We laugh about it now, except the sheep one.
    What did you do that annoyed your parents?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Existed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Set their bed on fire....I can't remember how though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Playing football in the house corridoor hitting pictures on the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Called them "Himself and the missus".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Asking what time is dinner at every 5 minutes then going outside and not coming in when it was eventually ready.

Used to drive them mad. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Once, while bored in a department store when I was 4-5 years old, I went to the section selling clocks and set the alarms on all of them to go off at the same time. Another time I was being dragged around a hardware store so I wandered off, found the mouse traps, and set a load of them on the floor just where peoples' feet would be while browsing.

There was also the usual stuff like ripping all my mother's magazines up, stuffing them in the bathroom sink upstairs, turning on the taps and legging it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Pretty sure I had nappies that will never be forgiven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I used to take off my nappy and take my poos behind the couch.

God damn feral child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Wandered off in department stores, and getting the "where the fuck have you been ya little bastard?" when I made an appearance later on wondering why me poor old mother was in tears.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

soilded myself :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Poked people in front of me at Mass, then ask for money for the plate but when i got it i just kept if for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Burning things.
    Exploding aerosol tins in fires was my fave pastime!
    Stealing things, once whipped a brass crucifix from church because it was nice and shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

got sick a lot.

too shy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

My sister was somewhat of a torment of a child with a real evil streak.

We were visiting my grandmothers house back in the mid 70's. Work was ongoing to put in bathroom and septic tank. We were playing round the hole that the digger had dug for the tank. 10x6 and about eight feet deep, it had filled with water.

My sister had the idea that I would hide in the bushes, she would scream that I fell in and when people were coming over she'd push in some clay for the effect. Well, it didn't seem as funny to everyone as she expected, and we were beaten within an inch of our lives. I'd say we were six and eight, I can only imagine the panic.

We were adults before she admitted it was all her idea

I am told I used to hum loudly to match the pitch and tone of the car engine of the car we were driving in. I dont recall it myself but apperently it can get annoying fast.

Advertisement