Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for Wireless Network Adapter

Options
  • 18-09-2012 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Could anyone recommend a Wireless Network Adapter for my Xbox 360. It is one of the old ones with no wifi. I'd like to take advantage of netflicks etc but don't have the E90 they want for an official one.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

€90? Try here for an official one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=xbox+360+wireless+adapter&_sacat=0

Get the black wireless N adaptor. Far superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

€90? Try here for an official one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=xbox+360+wireless+adapter&_sacat=0

Get the black wireless N adaptor. Far superior.

Thanks Mate. I went for the black one from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

There is a lot of knock off ones on eBay, so be careful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah, obviously you need to read the listing. If you have any further questions, email the seller. If they say they're selling you a brand new, official adapter and it turns out to be unofficial and broken, those emails and the listing will get you your money back.

Also, if they have the top-rated seller sign beside them, it means that they had to be eligible for it by having fewer than 0.5% negative feedback from X number of feedback responses.

I'm looking at a brand new official one now for £43, buy now, £2.99 postage to Ireland from a UK store that has 100,000 feedback responses at a rate of 99.7% positive. Can't argue with that, although you could probably get one even cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I have one i could off load to ya cheap.its black with 2 grey antena

no box but its original....

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Hi munsterbear, i don`t know if your set up would allow for home plugs but i use them and its not far of being hard wired to your xbox, i get great speeds and solid steady streaming.
    Here`s a link to the one`s i use and i think it`s free delivery if you buy from amazon themselves.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1346710653&sr=1-1

Like i said for me they work great, may be worth looking into, your choice.

apophis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Many thanks for the replies folks.

I went for one off eBay for about €40. Delivered within days and is working a treat. Though not impressed you've to have this xBox gold membership to use Netflix and others. Making me reconsider using it in the long run.

Advertisement