Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and Susi grant issue

Options
  • 18-09-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Ughhh so annoyed right now was on the phone a lot to susi this morning. I'm only entitled to fees only paid. I am in year 4 and have been receiving adjacent grant the past 3 years which pays my childcare for 2 children as I'm a widowed parent. Has anyone else received fees only and are in year 4 of their course it did change in 2011/2012 but I was on it before this.

From the 2011/12 academic year the Student Grant Scheme is divided into 2 components – maintenance grants and fee grants. You cannot get the Back to Education Allowance (BTEA) and the maintenance component of a student grant together unless you were getting BTEA in the 2009/10 academic year and are continuing your studies or progressing to a new course. This was taken from citizens information site.

Now I have to wait until I get proper confirmation and then appeal it I'm sure I'm going to have to drop out of college because I can't cope with childcare costs.

Advertisement