Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MACBETH By William Shakespeare Discuss Thread.

• 18-09-2012 1:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

So thought I'll set this up discuss anything about the Play ask questions etc....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FudgeBrace

fontdor wrote: »
    So thought I'll set this up discuss anything about the Play ask questions etc....
    I'm in fifth year and haven't read it yet, is it any good.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Haven't read it yet, the rest of the year said that there was naked women in a cave in one scene.

giggity

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Haven't read it yet, the rest of the year said that there was naked women in a cave in one scene.

giggity

Lol you should watch the Australian version of it that we did. It was basically boobs and blood(from fights :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

FudgeBrace wrote: »
    I'm in fifth year and haven't read it yet, is it any good.?

Just learn this and you'll be grand :P

"Unsex me from head to toe"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Read it last week and to be honest I prefer it to Hamlet. It is very similar theme wise I suppose but I dunno it's just nicer to write on I think :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

the only quote i know in the play is ''Fair is foul and foul is fair''! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FudgeBrace

anirishlad wrote: »

Just learn this and you'll be grand :P

"Unsex me from head to toe"
    Hahahah that's gas I'll use that no doubt.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sara16

we started with poetry :L we're reading Macbeth before mid-term:D going to go Dublin to see it in November:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are lots of old threads on Macbeth, from the last time it was on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therambler

MacBeth thou art one mad bastard....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

therambler wrote: »
    MacBeth thou art one mad bastard....

No, that's Mrs. MacBeth. Watch out for her, she is one batty bird, a sociopath whose conscience messes her up big time. Lots of contradictions there but there are more in the play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

We are still reading it, but we saw the play last year, I thought it was great better than reading it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therambler

mathepac wrote: »
    No, that's Mrs. MacBeth. Watch out for her, she is one batty bird, a sociopath whose conscience messes her up big time. Lots of contradictions there but there are more in the play.

If macBeth wasn't so whipped she couldnt do much tbf tho :P

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Is their relationship analogous with the internal struggles ambitious people might feel to get ahead and focussing on the end to justify the means? Does Banquo's ghost play a part in this?

For me this play has everything - love, violence, political intrigue,murder, relationships. betrayal and the consistent weirdness of the witches. It's a trippy, powerfully heady mixture with "everyman" at its centre, the prototypical anti-hero that is MacBeth, all superbly crafted into one of the most memorable works of the Bard, whoever he (they) was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

mathepac wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. Is their relationship analogous with the internal struggles ambitious people might feel to get ahead and focussing on the end to justify the means? Does Banquo's ghost play a part in this?

.. I don't want my Macbeth answer to be marked in comparison to yours :O

ray2012 wrote: »
    .. I don't want my Macbeth answer to be marked in comparison to yours :O
    Jeeze, don't mind me, I'm as mad as his Mrs :) .... or are we?

Advertisement