Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Training 18 Oct 2012

Options
  • 18-09-2012 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I got my invitation to attend training for the reserves on 18 oct 2012. Was just wondering if there were any people out there that are going the same date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Congratulations! When did you had your medical?
    I'm having mine on next Thursday week and just curious of how long it will take to get the invitation if the body and mind are OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bennycallinan

snams wrote: »
    Congratulations! When did you had your medical?
    I'm having mine on next Thursday week and just curious of how long it will take to get the invitation if the body and mind are OK.
    I had my medical on 26th july i received word yesterday for training. Its just a matter of time

• Registered Users Posts: 19 littlebubble25

Hey I'm headin down on the 18th too :) Are you goin down on the Wednesday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Loopt

Hi, im also going on the 18th. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Top Gun 11

Im heading down as well:)

• Advertisement

Im coming from Carlow, how about yourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Top Gun 11

Going from Offaly what time will yo all be arriving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Back89

Hi Guys! First time poster, looong time reader. I'm heading too but I'm going to head up Wednesday night from Cork. Fresh and ready for the next day then! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 littlebubble25

I'm coming from Dublin so goin to head down night before..I'm driving down so guaranteed to get lost with my sense of direction,just want to give myself plenty of time to find the way :D

Yeah , im going down the night before also.. don't fancy the drive that morning.

• Advertisement

Passed my medical today, hope they'll cal me up next month.

Congratulations!

Thanks Back89!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mike4444

Hi lads...I avent been on here in a while...just been reading yer posts there...I'm also heading up for the 18th from Kerry...will head up d Wednesday too...I def don't fancy d drive up either early d Thursday morning...will take me time heading up on d Wednesday at my own ease...to find da place at ease and without da hassle of rushing up on d Thursday...really looking forward now to it....can't wait... ! Looking forward now to meeting ye all up there lads...we're all in the same boat anyway....is there anyone heading up from Kerry... ???

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

Mike, Just so you know they dont allow "Text" speak on here on posts, so if you want to remain here i would stop using it, or the mods will be on to you. :)

Got my invitation for 18 October and trying to get there on Wednesday evening. See you there!

snams wrote: »
    Got my invitation for 18 October and trying to get there on Wednesday evening. See you there!

I've been waiting for this for the last three years. It's so strange that I'm getting nervous and excited now! :D

I meant I've been waiting for the Reserves for 3 years, not about meeting you snams! Ha ha. Wasn't until I read back on it, it just sounded odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mike4444

My apologies...thanks for bringing that to my attention bluetop !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Back89 wrote: »
    I meant I've been waiting for the Reserves for 3 years, not about meeting you snams! Ha ha. Wasn't until I read back on it, it just sounded odd.

LOL

• Advertisement

We all know what you meant Back89! We only take on board what we see...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bennycallinan1

Everyone seems to be heading down wednesday night. Any idea of what time we can go down at the wednesday? Coming from westmeath

Between 5 PM and 11 PM.

Everyone seems to be heading down wednesday night. Any idea of what time we can go down at the wednesday? Coming from westmeath

Accommodation is available on the Wednesday evening anytime between 5pm and 11pm. Someone at the Gate Lodge will direct you to the accommodation block.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Garda G.Roarty

As a Garda Stationed in Templemore College, I would strongly advise you not to talk about Garda/Garda Reserve Matters over this site.

When You arrive we will make you sign the Official Secrecy Act. If you breach this, your training will be terminated permanently.

I would advise you to delete your boards accounts ASAP.

G.Roarty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Best of luck to all those attending on the 18th.

I will let the staff at the G.C explain what you can and cannot do once you sign your papers, including what you can post here.

And for now I am locking this thread as i dont want to see anybody jeopradise their position before they even go down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement