Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derelict at roundabout on the bypass - Dundalk

Options
  • 18-09-2012 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Does anyone know what's going on with the half-finished building on the roundabout near Dunnes, PC World etc. in Dundalk. Was it supposed to be something to do with St Vincent de Paul? Is it abandoned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Fraggle00 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's going on with the half-finished building on the roundabout near Dunnes, PC World etc. in Dundalk. Was it supposed to be something to do with St Vincent de Paul? Is it abandoned?

It is a development built for VDP. Last I heard it was badly vandalized and that VDP had to suspend building due to financial reasoning but that the project itself was not wholly "abandoned"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

What was/is it going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Dunny wrote: »
    What was/is it going to be?

A day centre for the elderly if I recall correctly. Remember the article in the leader a while back. Can't see their online presence / archiving to verify though but almost sure that's what it was for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

MugMugs wrote: »
    It is a development built for VDP. Last I heard it was badly vandalized and that VDP had to suspend building due to financial reasoning but that the project itself was not wholly "abandoned"

Wasnt it to be built by the retail park owners - a sweetner to obtain planning. They may be the ones who had to suspend building for financial reasons. Not sure tbh just vaguely remember something.

Advertisement