Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM HEADLESS CHICKENS

Options
  • 18-09-2012 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

2 weeks ago got my modem to the house,great as i canceled my old provider,the next day still no DSL on modem,phoned up and was tole some one be out the next day,great stuff the next day a guy called,he hadnt a breeze what he was at,he changed the connection box,told me he was realy a carpenter,scratched his head and said something about a report,1 whole week later i had to take a day off work with another guy calling,again a guy called,he looked at the system inside my house(didnt touch anything) but told me he be back the next day,low and behold the next evening at 7 i get a call,he cant make it out today it be after the weekend,so yesterday was after the weekend,i was told there was someone already out,yet i got a phone call to say no none was out and it be wedensday,and like the previous 2 lads that called the guy on the phone mentioned 3 times"ah your a bit far out"..yet a few of my neighbours have eircom broadband and its a great job??so wedensday it is,and ya can bet your granny ill still have no broadband come wedensday,im dealing with the matter through the eircom fourm,and have to say its one part of the service that they do look into things for ya,come wedensday if i dont get an answer my modem is going into the bin,and ill go with a provider that has people that know what there at,when something goes wrong...laughable in this day and age..thats if anyone even bothers to show up wed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭tattoo man

Well todays the day,i was told monday that a guy be out today,after 2 weeks of been giving a complete run around,2 visits by technicians getting paid to say"your a bit far out" will i get my broadband up and running??i wont hold my breath,but stranger things have happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 djiffou

I think you're on to something: it'd make a great scenario for a comedy!
    Better get used to it though...

djiffou wrote: »
    I think you're on to something: it'd make a great scenario for a comedy!
    Better get used to it though...

well judging by the lads that have been out so far you could be right,ill call it "YA CANT GET IT,YOUR TO FAR OUT"...LOL..worse decision ive ever made..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

tattoo man wrote: »
    well judging by the lads that have been out so far you could be right,ill call it "YA CANT GET IT,YOUR TO FAR OUT"...LOL..worse decision ive ever made..

Hi tattoo man
    Yes can see tech is assigned and hope to have news soon, there is a bit of work to be done on this and likely to take a few hours.. Will update you on our forum also.
    Linda

(logged in as Ant)

great stuff linda...if the rest were as swift as yourself we wouldnt have a need for fourms to complain..lol..thanks again..

• Advertisement

well just to update on situation had all the tech head do there work and the came to the conclusion that it was the "modem" i needed.even though they changed modems already and it wasnt working,doesnt take much rocket science to work that one out,so now since i have my new modem on tuesday,had to ring them again and got through to that awful call place where they speak like robots,if you ask a question and they havnt the answer on the screen they mumble,and again im getting them famous words"your a bit far out"..the guys on the eircom fourm i have to say realy help,they get back with answers and seem to push the issue,so ive requested an answer today,can my broadband be turned on,and when will it happen..if ever?
    ps
    only for there fourm of which i say give great help people be up sh*t creek,eircoms customer service is crap beyond belief..

right i bet the engineer be "on site today"...come mid week he be still there,and come next weekend ill have no word again,i hope today i get news..thank god ive the use of internet to puish this in eircoms fourms and the likes,or you would never hear from them..

Any one from eircom if you could would you please try find out of theres any update on my connection please??im also on the eircom fourm trying to seek advice,i know trying to get someone to ring me would prob be ground breaking,but if someone could please..thanks

Advertisement