Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domino's Pizza Suggestions

Options
  • 18-09-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

So I've found myself craving Pizza all day, and dying to get some Domino's once I get off work. I've pretty much gotten the same thing from there for a year and looking to try something new.

My regular is usually:

BBQ Sauce
    Chicken
    Bacon
    Sausage
    Rosquito Peppers

I personally don't like Mushroom, Sweetcorn, Tomato (although I like Tomato Sauce), so try and not include them in the suggestions, also don't want something that's on the menu, something different would be nice :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Extra cheese, ham and pineapple, garlic pizza bread and plenty of garlic sauce for dipping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Extra cheese, ham and pineapple, garlic pizza bread and plenty of garlic sauce for dipping :D

Ah, also don't like Pineapple on pizza...yeah I know I'm weird :P

Thanks for the suggestion though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Shame you don't like pineapple.... chicken, bacon and pinapple from dominos is pretty damn good

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

maximoose wrote: »
    Shame you don't like pineapple.... chicken, bacon and pinapple from dominos is pretty damn good

I've had it a couple of times, and it's just not for me...maybe I'm just missing out? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Pineapple has no place on a pizza. Ever.

Why not try somewhere other than Dominoes? I find it ridiculously overpriced and terribly mediocre, I have to say. Where are you based?

Edit: D.12, I see. Apache and Mizzoni are both far superior to Dominoes. Base in Terenure kicks all of their asses.

• Advertisement

my fave is

Ham
    Sweetcorn
    peperoni

also BBQ sauce on a pizza is wrong

Try sausage1 for a discount if ordering online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

A nice one I tried recently:

Thin & Crispy Crust
    Sundried Tomato & Garlic Base Sauce
    Ground Beef
    Sausage
    Feta
    Baby Spinach
    Sour Cream Drizzle

Shit was tight, yo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

urbanledge wrote: »
    also BBQ sauce on a pizza is wrong

For anything other than chicken on top, you are correct. BBQ chicken pizzas are lovely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

maximoose wrote: »
    For anything other than chicken on top, you are correct. BBQ chicken pizzas are lovely though.
    I am in full agreement with urbanledge on that one. BBQ sauce on a pizza, even a chicken pizza, is not at all nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

I only get to eat Dominos 3 times a year, when I go to the UK, but (and most people hate this, you have been warned!) my usual order is:

Anchovies
    Pepperoni
    Green peppers
    Mushrooms
    Jalapenos
    Olives

all that lot on a classic base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

Wouldnt be crazy about dominos myself, I think its something to do with the base sauce or maybe its that wierd yellow flour they use. So i would tend to use apache, any size for a 10er.

Pepperoni, spicy sausage, spicy beef, cajun chicken, jalapenos, chilli shake, garlic shake.

padzer wrote: »
    Wouldnt be crazy about dominos myself, I think its something to do with the base sauce or maybe its that wierd yellow flour they use. So i would tend to use apache, any size for a 10er.

That's just semolina, they use it to dust the base to stop it sticking.

Btw, I'd highly recommend the Greek Kebab pizza from Apache. Completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

padzer wrote: »

Pepperoni, spicy sausage, spicy beef, cajun chicken, jalapenos, chilli shake, garlic shake.

Apache use it too ;) Its Semolina/Maize.

For me its:

Extra Sauce, No Cheese, Onions, Jalapenos, Mushrooms and Chilli Flakes. Maybe some bacon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jeanadamz

Like pineapple on pizza, bacon, a lot cheese is great. I actually love pizza and match up with a lot of mushrooms. Yumyum! wanna eat now.....

mmcn90 wrote: »
    For me its:

Extra Sauce, No Cheese, Onions, Jalapenos, Mushrooms and Chilli Flakes. Maybe some bacon as well.

Blasphemer!!! :eek:

Honey-ec wrote: »

Or a lactose intolerant!

Or a lactose intolerant!

Got it in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Pineapple has no place on a pizza. Ever.
    +1
    Ah, also don't like Pineapple on pizza...yeah I know I'm weird :P
    The pineapple people are the odd ones out. Drives me mental when you see "communal pizzas" in work or parties etc with pineapple on it. Most people I know do not like it and it can ruin the pizza with its leftover taste if picked off. Even if picked off its a waste of food or topping choice. Get it on your own, but do not go forcing it on others. If I liked anchovies/pineapple/olives/mushrooms I would never get them on a shared pizza since I am so aware most other people would not like it. If I really wanted it I would ask those who were going to eat it too. I hate seeing leftover "dud pizzas" like these, when the others were demolished and people are still hungry.

What puzzles me is the people I know who do like pineapple never have it on other dishes, e.g. a toasted cheese sandwich is a quite a similar item to a pizza, but I imagine pineapple pizza eaters would baulk at least laugh at the idea of putting pineapple in it. Though I have heard of freaks putting it in burgers.

What also puzzles me is that they haven't tried other sweet fruits on pizza. Yes we all pedantically know tomato is a fruit but its not sweet relatively, so have people tried oranges or apples on pizza, and if not why not?

I am happy with most meats on offer as toppings. I always think the likes of sweetcorn or mushroom is a waste of a topping, as it is such a low cost topping yet they charge the same. It'd be like my local chinese saying I can have whatever dish I want and going for boiled rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Firstly, fruit does not belong on a pizza. Its just inherently wrong.

My fave ever;

Double Decadence base with

-Tomato sauce
    -Extra Cheese
    -Green Peppers
    -Sausage
    -Pepperoni

Tasty as hell, expensive as fook.

rubadub wrote: »
    What puzzles me is the people I know who do like pineapple never have it on other dishes, e.g. a toasted cheese sandwich is a quite a similar item to a pizza, but I imagine pineapple pizza eaters would baulk at least laugh at the idea of putting pineapple in it. Though I have heard of freaks putting it in burgers.

Actually, I've often seen pineapple included in panini along with cheese etc, and a small local coffee shop in my hometown has it as an option for sandwich/baguette fillings. They used to deliver orders to my school and it wasn't at all unknown for people to select pineapple as an option.

And, yup, the burger thing is quite common in burger places. GBK and the likes.

rubadub wrote: »
    I am happy with most meats on offer as toppings. I always think the likes of sweetcorn or mushroom is a waste of a topping, as it is such a low cost topping yet they charge the same. It'd be like my local chinese saying I can have whatever dish I want and going for boiled rice.

This comes across very preachy :p ...one is as entitled to order and enjoy a sweetcorn, pineapple and mushroom pizza as they are a meat-laden one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This comes across very preachy :p ...one is as entitled to order and enjoy a sweetcorn, pineapple and mushroom pizza as they are a meat-laden one.

Indeed, I actually hate meat on pizzas because it's nearly always dry and overcooked. I get pizzas covered in vegetables and don't feel ripped off or like my pizza is a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Of course they are entitled, I didn't mean to sound preachy. My gripe is not with people choosing it, but with the fact pizza places are charging the same amount. If I was a vegetarian I would be quite annoyed, though some veg is fairly expensive, like peppers.

I have seen some have different prices for different toppings though.

Funnily enough, where I work pineapple is probably the second most ordered topping after pepperoni, we use tonnes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

You NEED to try the double decadence base!! I also prefer BBQ instead of tomato sauce and this works particularly well with double decadence :) So bad for you; yet so good!

I'd normally go for something like chicken, feta cheese (works really well with BBQ sauce) and onion. (and the usual regular cheese).

If you want to try something even more bad for you, pizza hut are doing a hot dog stuffed crust atm :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

GF likes BBQ sauce, pineapple, ham, mushroom, onion, peppers. Because her taste in pizza (especially the BBQ sauce) is a crime against humanity, we can't share pizza :(

Tried getting them to do half and half one time, they put BBQ on my half as well, day ruined

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Dashticle wrote: »
    Tried getting them to do half and half one time, they put BBQ on my half as well, day ruined

Ha yeah sometimes they manage the half and half but it has already spread acrosss to infect the tomato half!

My favourite is;

Pepperoni
    Spicy chorizo
    black olives
    sweet roquito peppers
    and if they have it the blue cheese or goats cheese? I got it once and it was outstanding but they might have taken it off of their gourmet range?

btw their new doughballs are the tits! garlic and cheese and the pepperoni ones are good too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Double Decadence base +
    Chorizo Sausage +
    Ventricina Salami +
    Cumberland Sausage +
    Somked Bacon Rashers +
    Sour Cream Drizzle +

=

too-much-want1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Half and half:

Texas BBQ (chicken, bacon, onion, green peppers, BBQ based).

Other half:

Sun dried tomato and garlic sauce base, sweet corn, ham, roquito peppers, onions, sometimes chicken :D

Dip the Texas BBQ into garlic dip for foodgasm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Can't eat Dominos without Jalapeno peppers.

My usual is Jalapeno Peppers, Chicken and Pepperoni. Domino Herbs as well if I really want a change.

I legitimately cannot eat dominos without dem peppers.

• Advertisement

Apache have stopped doing their Greek kebab pizza :mad:

They still do the lamb but not the tzatiki sauce. Bastards.

Advertisement