Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings Accounts Interest Rates

Options
  • 18-09-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I need to access money from my savings accounts. I have a Special Bonus Saver Account and a Smartsave mortgage account.

I am wondering which has the best rate of interest i.e which account should I leave money in.

Also how can I transfer money from these accounts to my current account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi HurlingBoy,

If you would like to discuss the interest rates on your accounts, you will need to speak with the Savings Advisor in your branch. They can advise of these rates, and of other savings accounts that may offer you a higher rate or better suit your needs. You can find contact details for your branch here.

As you have instant access to your funds with both accounts, you can call into a branch with photo ID or send a signed written instruction to make a transfer to your current account.

Thanks for your query,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 46 HurlingBoy

Thanks Graham.

Can I call into any branch to transfer the money and not the branch where I have the savings account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi HurlingBoy.

Once you have a form of ID with you, you will be able to make the transfer in any of our bank branches.

Thanks for your query.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mhtc

Laura,

I have money going into a dual saver account (Needed for the instant access from time to time)
    This pays 3% interest up €5000, 0.5% above this.

I also have a 30 day notice account which pays 3.25%

Awhile back I inquired in my local branch regards maixmising the interest earned once the €5000 is reached. I was told that once I reach €5000 I should transfer the full amount into the 21 day notice account. And then build up the €5000 again and repeat.

I recently asked the same question (different person) and they said the best way to maximise the interest is to maintain just under €5000 in the dual saver.

Now this is very different to what I was told previously.

Can you please confirm the best option here?

Please don't say "speak with the Savings Advisor" as doing this already has led to getting conflicting information.

Regards,
    Mhtc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi mhtc,

Thanks for posting.

We're not qualified to give financial advice so we cannot offer opinion on what options would be best.
    Apologies for the conflicting information you received.
    We have a Financial Advice Centre who will can help with your query on 1890 623 456

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement