Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flavours you want to vape!

Options
  • 18-09-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭

So i'm thinking of making my own juices soon and 1 I have my mind set on to start with is a chocolate orange flavour.

Is there any juice you would like to see made or make yourself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ooh like a terrys chocolate orange? nom.

i love elderflower and make about 15 litres of cordial every summer. if i could find an elderflower flavouring i'd have a go, regardless of the fact i wouldn't know what i'm doing. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Thats why i asked about steeping in the other thread, if its a simple matter of steeping flower petals or something like that in the base ingredients than it should be easy enough to make :)

and yes, exactly like a terrys chocolate orange :D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Fabric conditioner. I even googled to see if it existed.

Okay I'll leave now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

How about some savory?

Lots of sweet, mint/menthol and tobaccos out there and not many savory. Loving the DKS Java right now so a nice coffee and baileys or whiskey , tea dunked biscuit (chocolate hob nob) appeals to me. Crazy off the wall would be salt and vinegar crisps or french onion soup.

Coming back to planet earth a good mango

ah stop. really? they won't be flowering again till next may. roll on may then!

there's an italian site - flavour art - and they do sell an elderflower but i'd have to do a lot more reading before i had a go. they also sell flavours like bacon, roast chicken and truffle. i would sooo try a bacon flavour vape for the sh*ts and giggles. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

When we got the RY4 first. My immediate reaction was that it was just like white pudding (the one from bewleys or Kylemore). That's actually what I call it now to my OH. White pudding juice.

there's a few on that site i'd love actually. turron - sweet almondy honey-ey and lemon peel-ey. catalan cream - i was obsessed wth that dessert when i lived in spain. it's like custard on steroids. and maple syrup. who doesn't love maple syrup?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Somebody was asking if there was a hawthorn flavour on Saturday. Dunno if that would be a nice flavour though as I've never tried a hawthorn.

I'm liking pixie juice's jammy dodger flavour. Would love to see it available from an irish vendor. And I'd love to try the jam doughnut that's been raved about.

Somebody was asking if there was a hawthorn flavour on Saturday. Dunno if that would be a nice flavour though as I've never tried a hawthorn.

Thats somthing i imagine you'd have to go to DKS for with their chamomile and rose and sparkling lemon (how the fudge they make that sparkle on your tongue i'll never know.) but i imagine if you ask they'll be able to tell you.

Hawthorn strikes me for some reason as being bitter. no idea why.

any wild hawthorn berries that i've tried taste like a crab apple mixed with unsweetened cranberry juice. so bitter they make yer salivary glands do cartwheels. :D but then i don't think we get enough sun in ireland just as they're 'ripening' so maybe 'fake' hawthorn flavour would be sweeter.

i found some turron, catalan cream and maple juices online last night - flavoured with the stuff from flavour art! so i clicked like a mad woman. i'm assuming and hoping if i like them i can just buy the flavours and bases myself and replicate em? famous last words? :p

• Advertisement

i asked the DKS crew and they said it would be dangerous to your health. oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

artyeva wrote: »
    i found some turron, catalan cream and maple juices online last night - flavoured with the stuff from flavour art! so i clicked like a mad woman. i'm assuming and hoping if i like them i can just buy the flavours and bases myself and replicate em? famous last words? :p

You can try and replicate them, but the base could be different, the ratio could be different, they might use drops of bitter wizard, ethyl maltol or alcohol and you wouldn't know about it unless they told you.

At the very least, you'll make some tasty juice, it just might not be magically tasty.
    ECF's DIY E-Liquid sub-forum is a must-read to search for clues, if only to search for specific concentrate percentages.
    Be warned though, the majority of American flavourings are weak, so you'll see people talking about putting 20-40% in their mixes quite regularly, whereas with most European flavourings you'd be better with 5-15%.
    Not all brand flavourings are created equal.

And never, ever, ever buy a bottle of LorAnn's 'Keoke Coffee'.
    i asked the DKS crew and they said it would be dangerous to your health. oh well.
    :(

there's 284 pages in that forum - are you trying to lower my productivity level to negative numbers??!!!! :D

i love food and flavours and cooking and chemistry so i'm kinda mad to start messing!

artyeva wrote: »
    there's 284 pages in that forum - are you trying to lower my productivity level to negative numbers??!!!! :D

i love food and flavours and cooking and chemistry so i'm kinda mad to start messing!

i should be able to start myself in a few days and i'll be making videos on the whole process. Hopefully i dont mess up too much and actually make a juice. whether or not it'll be nice now is another thing :pac:

i should be able to start myself in a few days and i'll be making videos on the whole process. Hopefully i dont mess up too much and actually make a juice. whether or not it'll be nice now is another thing :pac:

''there's no failures - only experiments'' ;)

Finally! i got around to mixing my own juice. Made a cherry chocolate but i'm going to let it sit for a few days. Its extremly thick because of the VG but i dont want to dilute with water as its only 12.5mg so i dont want it too weak. Will post up results soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Finally! i got around to mixing my own juice. Made a cherry chocolate but i'm going to let it sit for a few days. Its extremly thick because of the VG but i dont want to dilute with water as its only 12.5mg so i dont want it too weak. Will post up results soon.
    never know, be the next grants custard ;-)

Can someone who regularly mixes answer me this?
    for the cherry chocolate recipe i used

.5ml chocolate (pg base)
    .5ml cherry (pg base)
    2.5ml nic (50mg pg base)
    1.5ml pg
    5ml vg

If i put in 3.6ml of nic would it could out as an 18mg juice?

as it is i put in the 2.5ml and its meant to come out as 12.5mg.

I just want my guess confirmed really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It'd be about 16.6mg, unless you reduced something else to keep the total at 10ml, which would then then be 18mg alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yeah, drop the plain PG to 0.4ml.

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me what base the inawera flavours are? pg or vg?

Got PG and VG and some flavours from Alba vapers. I'll have 2 flavours for people to try on saturday

Advertisement