Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earning Interest on Credit Card

Options
  • 18-09-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭

I remember years ago, I could basically lodge my surplus funds to my AIB credit card and I would actually earn interest on it.

Does anyone know if this is still the case?

I'm not talking much money, just that I generally clear my credit card balance at the end of the month, and the few bob left over till the next pay cheque comes in might be better off earning a few bob interest on my Credit Card rather than earning nothing and costing me bank charges in my current account! I generally use the CC to pay for most things anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

On most new cards types no - the banks stopped offering that facility. Some older card accounts still have this feature on them however, but they generally are ones no longer on offer to new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

AIB did away with it many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

thanks guys.

Advertisement