Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Picking up women on a night out , tips?

• 18-09-2012 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭SoundFella

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Make sure your back is straight and knees are bent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Rule #1: If you can't lift her, don't shift her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

SoundFella wrote: »
    before we were together I pulled more women than Hugh Hefner

I doubt that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Rophynol, works everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ok so here's the situation me and long term girlfriend broke up about 6months ago and before we were together I pulled more women than Hugh Hefner but since we broke up, on nights out my game is non existent , I still pull one or two on a night out but I'm not working for it , it just happens , I'm not a bad looking lad but I feel I've lost a awful lot of confidence on approaching women that I don't know , so what's your approach on a night out (a girls opinion would also be great!)
    Thanks in advance :D

That's not enough, no? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Drink til you vomit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Use a cart myself. They're easier to push than to lug her around over yer shoulder like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Picking up women on a night out , tips?

Just the tip............. that's what I always tell 'em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Ok so here's the situation me and long term girlfriend broke up about 6months ago and before we were together I pulled more women than Hugh Hefner but since we broke up, on nights out my game is non existent , I still pull one or two on a night out but I'm not working for it , it just happens , I'm not a bad looking lad but I feel I've lost a awful lot of confidence on approaching women that I don't know , so what's your approach on a night out (a girls opinion would also be great!)

I'd suggest not talking,

that way they won't find out about your childish need to boast until its too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Just go up to various women and dance really hard at them. watch a night at the roxbury for some tips.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭SoundFella

EnterNow wrote: »
    before we were together I pulled more women than Hugh Hefner

I doubt that
    Haha was a joke tbh , point is I was better with women a few years ago than I use to be .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Be you're self ... ahh i'm just kidding,

Be a complete ****, the cockier the better, show no interest in who she is or where she's from.. just basically tell her out right, you wanna tap it...

Guaranteed winner or your money back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

what exactly do you mean by "pull" ... normally its the woman doing the pulling !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,605 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Maybe after getting to know a woman as a person and not just something to dip parts of your body into, you're finding it psychologically more difficult to treat them as objects

Don't worry, this will pass.

My prescription, 2 copies of Nuts magazine (after meals) and a 'weekly sport' before bed. You'll soon be back to your meaningless casual degradation of other human beings (with real feelings)

Just go up to various women and dance really hard at them. watch a night at the roxbury for some tips.

Does dancing hard not scream "CREEP" ? Lol

Seriously though if you are talking about just kissing - you need to seriously learn about life as an adult - if you are talking about getting a roide (Yes I spelled it like that for effect) then I doubt you are getting one or two in a night out !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

By the ears if they are considerably shorter than you.

mikom wrote: »
    Just the tip............. that's what I always tell 'em

I get you're ref chief !!

PCPhoto wrote: »
    Seriously though if you are talking about just kissing - you need to seriously learn about life as an adult - if you are talking about getting a roide (Yes I spelled it like that for effect) then I doubt you are getting one or two in a night out !!

Obviously not having sex with 2 people on a night out

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Does dancing hard not scream "CREEP" ? Lol
    Na not at all... Make sure you have a very intense look in the eye and have beads of sweat on your forehead too!

• Advertisement

so you lied to us !!! ...first the lie about being better than heff ..and now this !!

liar liar pants on fire !! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Be a cnut. *All* women love cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

smell her bum, it works for dogs :)

PCPhoto wrote: »

so you lied to us !!! ...first the lie about being better than heff ..and now this !!

liar liar pants on fire !! :rolleyes:

No no you assume I meant getting the ride , who's to say I'm not a 12 year old ;) (I'm not btw)

Be a cnut. *All* women love cnuts.
    That is actually true :P

And I think a lot of you are picking me up wrong , my last relationship ended badly and my confidence with women is rock bottom as well as on a personal level so I'm actually asking for some genuine advice on women (and not cocky responses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Man up and approach a girl by saying Hi and maybe offer her a drink.

One thing that really bugs me about Irish men is they feel the need to be sh*t faced to approach a woman and the majority of them make an absolute twat out of them selves :rolleyes:

I'm sure a lot of other woman will agree with me when I say that a simply "Hi, how are you etc" (small talk) is the simple, best and nicest way to get any ones attention.

No one wants a messy drunk blabbering pure s*it to you - Big turn off !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

EdenHazard, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

SunnyDub1 wrote: »

One thing that really bugs me about Irish men is they feel the need to be sh*t faced to approach a woman and the majority of them make an absolute twat out of them selves :rolleyes:

I'm sure a lot of other woman will agree with me when I say that a simply "Hi, how are you etc" (small talk) is the simple and best and nicest way to get any ones attention.

That may work in whatever 'Sex & the City' world you live in, however, that approach usually ends in something like the following.

Man: Hi there, nice to meet you etc.
    Woman: ENGAGE PEPPERSPRAY
    Woman: "WHAT A CREEP!"

You'd be better off being a complete cock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Rachelmhr

I dont mean to be rude but...

Saying things like: I pulled more women than Hugh Hefner

That is just so cocky and self centered... So coming from a 26 yr old woman: DROP THAT ATTITUDE!!

It's just a little tip because I dont know any women that would be attracted to a man who comes out with a statement like that!!

Good luck on your quest anyways :D

Edit: Just saw that you were joking PHEW!!! Haha!

Honestly? Dont use chat up lines, dont be jittery and nervous women can smell fear a mile away!
    Even if you're not a good listener PRETEND you are :D

I notice you said your confidence is shot to pieces as a result of a previous relationship... stop thinking like that! Get you mojo back even if you have to do a few practice runs first!! ;)

I'm sure a lot of other woman will agree with me when I say that a simply "Hi, how are you etc" (small talk) is the simple, best and nicest way to get any ones attention.

Infairness i'd want a Hj at least before i bough her a drink ... just personal pref of course !!

And I think a lot of you are picking me up wrong , my last relationship ended badly and my confidence with women is rock bottom as well as on a personal level so I'm actually asking for some genuine advice on women (and not cocky responses)

Eh, you do know this is After Hours right...?? :)

This is the advice so far and very true , with drink does come confidence and I think that's the problem lol , I'm not a strong drinker so the confidence has to come from somewhere else , thanks for that piece enjoyed it :)

That may work in whatever 'Sex & the City' world you live in, however, that approach usually ends in something like the following.

Man: Hi there, nice to meet you etc.
    Woman: ENGAGE PEPPERSPRAY
    Woman: "WHAT A CREEP!"

You'd be better off being a complete cock.

Maybe for what ever lovely pleasant woman you do be
    approaching on nights out :confused:

Rachelmhr wrote: »

That is just so cocky and self centered... So coming from a 26 yr old woman: DROP THAT ATTITUDE!!

It's just a little tip because I dont know any women that would be attracted to a man who comes out with a statement like that!!

OMG for the last time it was to add humour to the post .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

The last time I tried that approach with a woman I didn't even get a polite hi. I just got a look like I imagine she heard me ask if I could just get the roide right there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭TheBoss!

Just smugly smile and whisper: "Do you like Huey Lewis and the news?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭deandean

Fill out your wallet with padding so it's about 2 inches thick and is easily seen in your pocket.

That's how Hugh Hefner pulled so much, he had a fat wallet, 'cept it was stuffed with $100 notes. And he was (is) verrryyyy generous to the right people. Like, more than a can of bud and a bag of chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Back in the single days I always adopted this attitude - aim to go out to have a bit of craic & look like you are out having fun (women do seem to pick up on this). Dont be looking shifty and serious and out for the sole purpose of picking someone up. Get up and dance (if others are dancing!) and appear chatty and good humoured.

If you see someone you like, drop in a random observation that is funny or interesting you see in the bar etc. Or you could drop a line in about the song playing in the background. Make a quick fire statement instead of trying to think of a question to ask as its way less scary I found. If shes interested, the conversation should get going. But look confident. Easier said than done but confidence is key.

If the conversation does get going, ask them questions, yak about light hearted stuff, dream holidays, parachutes jumps, worst birthday present you ever got, funny stories etc etc (keep them fairly brief). Try not too appear to clingy. Dont just drop you mates completely, bounce off them as the night goes on and include her mates also if possible.

Remember we all get shot down, ive been there a 1000 times. Just gotta roll the sleeves up and plough on.

kiddums wrote: »

The last time I tried that approach with a woman I didn't even get a polite hi. I just got a look like I imagine she heard me ask if I could just get the roide right there.

Irish women are very rude on nights out , I've been blanked hundreds of time with just going Over and saying hey..

• Advertisement

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Back in the single days I always adopted this attitude - aim to go out to have a bit of craic & look like you are out having fun (women do seem to pick up on this). Dont be looking shifty and serious and out for the sole purpose of picking someone up.

If you see someone you like, drop in a random interesting or funny observation of something you see in the bar etc. Or you could drop a line in about the song playing in the background. Make a quick fire statemen instead of trying to think of a question to ask as its way less scary I found. If shes interested, the conversation should get going. But look confident. Easier said than done but confidence is key.

True words

Rachelmhr wrote: »

Edit: Just saw that you were joking PHEW!!! Haha!

Honestly? Dont use chat up lines, dont be jittery and nervous women can smell fear a mile away!
    Even if you're not a good listener PRETEND you are :D

I notice you said your confidence is shot to pieces as a result of a previous relationship... stop thinking like that! Get you mojo back even if you have to do a few practice runs first!! ;)

Haha like this post a lot more , thanks dude ;)

Irish women are very rude on nights out , I've been blanked hundreds of time with just going Over and saying hey..

Irish woman are not ALL very rude...

Maybe the few that are "rude" are just so use to drunken messy idiots approaching them with ****ty chat up lines and when they refuse to entertain them they get abuse hurled at them :rolleyes:
    That's my experience of the lovely Irish men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Are you ginger?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Man up

I stopped reading after that...

OMG for the last time it was to add humour to the post .....

If this is the standard of humour you are using while approaching women of any nationality.. you sir need to go back to clown college !

Irish women are not rude, a little guarded in some cases, but you should be thrilled they even talk to you
    Doodoo wrote: »
    Are you ginger?

He sure sounds like one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

yo bitch hows about you and me going back to my place and getting busy.

i hear they love that kind of talk these days. in my day it was courting for 9 months and a peck on the cheek if you were lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

Sex Panther...

68% of the time it works every time...

Go make that little kitty purr...

Doodoo wrote: »
    Are you ginger?
    no im not hahaha nothing wrong with a ginger tho :p

crippling lack of self esteem there yea

• Advertisement
Advertisement