Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Picking up women on a night out , tips?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Rachelmhr wrote: »
    Honestly? Dont use chat up lines

WHAT!?!?!? screw that!

Chat up lines are awesome! The more cringeworthy - the better!! never use them seriously, and never use dirty ones, but use clean chat up lines in a way that you're taking the piss out of yourself. they're feckin' funny as!

Regardless of chatup line / approach etc. it's all about confidence. (fine line between confidence and cockyness), get too cocky and you'll strike out every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Phat Cat wrote: »
    I stopped reading after that...

......................................................so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

......................................................so?

Prob wont see your questions given ... ye know they stopped reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Go to the fast food establishment after the club . Its full of large girls that dont want to sleep in their own bed . Say whatever the flock you want . They will even pretend your funny . Just dont mention the fat word to them . Its a real game changer.
    Ooh ooh and homeless girls . They have no bed so if you have a bed they think your like loaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Prob wont see your questions given ... ye know they stopped reading

Ah, I just saw them post the exact same thing in another thread and then reply a few posts later.

So there!

Ya jerk! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

OP, maybe give speed dating a blast as an alternative and see what you think. Ive done it and theres a suprising mix of people there. It used to be taboo but speed dating is quite popular now. Scary as hell going in, but once it starts its great craic. Id defo recommend it. Especially when you find out everybody else is a nervous as hell as well. :) Just dont start chatting to you mates (aka comfortzone.com) at the interval!

Theres also beginner swing dance classes etc in the Turks Head and other places which are great for meeting people. There could be 25 women and 25 men there and they make you change dance partner every 2-3 mins. Its kinda set up to be like speed dating, it defo has that undercurrent. Something to consider if you think you'd go if it. Its a laugh and an experience, id say give that a blast too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

cloptrop wrote: »
    Go to the fast food establishment after the club . Its full of large girls that dont want to sleep in their own bed . Say whatever the flock you want . They will even pretend your funny . Just dont mention the fat word to them . Its a real game changer.
    Ooh ooh and homeless girls . They have no bed so if you have a bed they think your like loaded.

... Because the skinny ones don't eat in fast food establishments... or at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

TheBoss! wrote: »
    Just smugly smile and whisper: "Do you like Phil Collins ? ".

FYP ;)

deathrider wrote: »

... Because the skinny ones don't eat in fast food establishments... or at all.
    They do but it makes them cranky and they usually have already pulled if they wanted to . There food is being paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I posted this in another thread, but here's two options for you, OP.

The drunken approach.
    Approach your chosen woman from behind and maul her - this works particularly well if you have a beer belly to press against her back.
    When she turns around slur something incoherent - if you've vomited recently stand closer so she can smell it.
    Spill drink on her shoes.
    Continue to slur incoherently whilst looking at her boobs and make obscene gesture e.g. grind your hips, put your middle and index fingers either side of your mouth and move your tongue 'provocatively'.
    If this fails assume she is a lesbian, insult her and go laugh about her with your friends.
    This is why some of us get snotty!

Or, you could try the less drunken approach.
    Smile, make eye contact and have a normal conversation, be slighty cheeky, yet funny.

I recommend the second option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

Thinly veiled "I'm a virgin" thread! :D:D

I'd be going for Billy Connolly's advise - blow in her ear....Knickers falls off em.

Or you could do "The Larry" approch, as in Larry Murphy but that is illegal and highly unethical.

Or the Oceans 13 one - "The Gilroy". A synthetic phermone particularly effective if you have a huge nose and fancy a bit of mature.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Be confident
    Be funny
    Be cheeky

If you're not naturally any of those, kill yourself, you'll never pull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Back in the single days I always adopted this attitude - aim to go out to have a bit of craic & look like you are out having fun (women do seem to pick up on this). Dont be looking shifty and serious and out for the sole purpose of picking someone up. Get up and dance (if others are dancing!) and appear chatty and good humoured.

If you see someone you like, drop in a random observation that is funny or interesting you see in the bar etc. Or you could drop a line in about the song playing in the background. Make a quick fire statement instead of trying to think of a question to ask as its way less scary I found. If shes interested, the conversation should get going. But look confident. Easier said than done but confidence is key.

If the conversation does get going, ask them questions, yak about light hearted stuff, dream holidays, parachutes jumps, worst birthday present you ever got, funny stories etc etc (keep them fairly brief). Try not too appear to clingy. Dont just drop you mates completely, bounce off them as the night goes on and include her mates also if possible.

Remember we all get shot down, ive been there a 1000 times. Just gotta roll the sleeves up and plough on.
    Hello me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Ah, I just saw them post the exact same thing in another thread and then reply a few posts later.

So there!

Ya jerk! :D

If you have boobs then please accept my apologies for indeed being a jerk !!
    If however you do not, then suck it up brah !

The drunken approach.
    Approach your chosen woman from behind and maul her - this works particularly well if you have a beer belly to press against her back.
    When she turns around slur something incoherent - if you've vomited recently stand closer so she can smell it.
    Continue to slur incoherently whilst looking at her boobs and make obscene gesture e.g. grind your hips, put your middle and index fingers either side of your mouth and move your tongue 'provocatively'.
    If this fails assume she is a lesbian, insult her and go laugh about her with your friends.
    This is why some of us get snotty!

Or, you could try the less drunken approach.
    Smile, make eye contact and have a normal conversation, be slighty cheeky, yet funny.

I recommend the second option.

Is that how you attract you're victim's ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

If a good looking girl is looking at you try giving her a wink...works for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Show complete disinterest unless they talk to you. Thanks to Sex and the City and all sorts or Empowerment BS, men don't have to do anything. If you don't do anything they'll come to you. Trying is the biggest mistake you can make

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

OP don't mind all those moronic posts. In order to solve your problem you need to let people know the facts. If you were good with women before your relationship you were right to say. Irish people are so insecure they need to put anyone down who they think is superior in someway. It's childishndon't mind them. You were quite clearly light hearted about it in a matter of fact way.

Anyway, I'd suggest just focusing on having your own fun when out and talking to lots of women. Maybe your confidence will come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Goggleyed_gimp

If you are serious about this you could read a book by pick-up-artist Neil Strauss titled "The Game", a great read, with a lot of good tips and points but at the same time some bull **** in it too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

On the off chance it hasn't been said; if you're going to Coppers the easiest way is with a forklift.

Prostitute prices are falling all the time op .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

They do but it makes them cranky and they usually have already pulled if they wanted to . There food is being paid for.

There food or their food, hold on maybe its they're food, oh now I'm confused

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Goggleyed_gimp

blacklilly wrote: »

There food or their food, hold on maybe its they're food, oh now I'm confused

We are food; I think he meant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

MOC88 wrote: »
    If a good looking girl is looking at you try giving her a wink...works for me anyway

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Is that how you attract you're victim's ;)

Hasn't failed me yet!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Gauss wrote: »
    OP don't mind all those moronic posts. In order to solve your problem you need to let people know the facts. If you were good with women before your relationship you were right to say. Irish people are so insecure they need to put anyone down who they think is superior in someway. It's childishndon't mind them. You were quite clearly light hearted about it in a matter of fact way.

Anyway, I'd suggest just focusing on having your own fun when out and talking to lots of women. Maybe your confidence will come back.
    Are you the OP? Serious question.

Don't worry anyway. Be yourself, but push yourself too. Make an effort to talk to girls you like maybe.
    I don't know, I'm beyond the point of caring about this sort of stuff for me personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

If you are serious about this you could read a book by pick-up-artist Neil Strauss titled "The Game", a great read, with a lot of good tips and points but at the same time some bull **** in it too!

Good book, it certainly opened my eyes to a lot of things and what and I and most guys do wrong when approaching the oppostite sex. But its very Americanized, some of the things wouldnt work over here with Irish girls. Someone should write the Irish game, now that would be entertaining. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

No tips to give. I've always found the best way to hook up with someone is to do nothing. Any time its happened I'm always minding my own business.

Kind of weird now that I think of it. Don't know if its a gift or a curse. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Pick one girl, stare at her, smile and nod politely at her while tipping your glass, wink, then continue to stare, then follow her wherever she goes but maintain a 5 metre distance, wait outside the toilets when she goes there, take pictures, take out a notebook, draw her, list every detail you can about her, leave when she leaves, wait outside the chipper, follow her in a taxi home, note her address, take off all your clothes except for your socks, cup yourself, call to the house she goes into, when she answers hand her the picture you drew of her, sing the words I love you as loud as you can 7 times, ask her to move into your house and marry you, tell her she will be the mother of your child.

Done.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Make an excuse to go back to her place and try out the Naked Man tactic.

According to a poster on AH it works 66.66% of the time...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Depends on the woman - pay no heed to the "women love bastards" and "women are influenced by Sex & The City" bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

Gauss wrote: »

Are you the OP? Serious question.

Don't worry anyway. Be yourself, but push yourself too. Make an effort to talk to girls you like maybe.
    I don't know, I'm beyond the point of caring about this sort of stuff for me personally.

Serious answer. No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Soundfella - is that you Edenhazard, at it again?
    Closed account and everything and all today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Be confident
    Be funny
    Be cheeky

If you're not naturally any of those, kill yourself, you'll never pull

What if you are funny but only in a deadpan sarcastic kinda way that doesn't translate to well to the confines of a loud nightclub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheFruitarian

Madam_X wrote: »
    Depends on the woman - pay no heed to the "women love bastards" and "women are influenced by Sex & The City" bollocks.

Why, but sure that's all true.

Find a few girls and tell them you will buy them all a drink if they come over to you and ask for your autograph.

After a short time other girls will come over and ask you who you are - don't tell them, until after breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

WumBuster wrote: »
    Good book, it certainly opened my eyes to a lot of things and what and I and most guys do wrong when approaching the oppostite sex. But its very Americanized, some of the things wouldnt work over here with Irish girls. Someone should write the Irish game, now that would be entertaining. :)

Ive a feeling the Irish Game book would go something like this, "So will you shift my friend, Will you shift me so, well feck of then you lesbian"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

to pick up a woman in a nightclub you more than likely need to be good looking or at least look good to the woman you are looking at...if you do get chatting to her, you need to be funny, sneer her and they way she talks..she will think your a real messer then and think your fierce craic!!its as easy as that..if your talking to her and she is beginning to look around after a few mins, get out of there your wasting your time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Try not to be ugly, I heard that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

A reliable family carrier should be a good means of transportation for said task...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Demonique wrote: »

Nobody is ugly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Demonique wrote: »

Nobody is ugly...

How about Goebbels. Is Goebbels ugly?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bogmandan

Nobody is ugly...
    except the ugly ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Man up and approach a girl by saying Hi and maybe offer her a drink.

One thing that really bugs me about Irish men is they feel the need to be sh*t faced to approach a woman and the majority of them make an absolute twat out of them selves :rolleyes:

I'm sure a lot of other woman will agree with me when I say that a simply "Hi, how are you etc" (small talk) is the simple, best and nicest way to get any ones attention.

No one wants a messy drunk blabbering pure s*it to you - Big turn off !!

do the exact opposite of this.....then try what you need to try to do is get back to a girls house & try the naked man. i warn you it only works 2/3 times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The drunken approach.

You had me at 'maul'.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Look like you're enjoying yourself. So much so that you are oblivious to their presence

.. no; wait. genuine article?

Actually do genuinely be enjoying yourself, maybe to the genuine music that you are genuinely a fan of, so much so as the genuine reason that you are initially there in the first place that you really are genuinely oblivious to their presence. And they will genuinely come I think... nobody likes the spooky predator in the shadows. unless it's a discoteque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

get arsehole drunk & hit the df grinding anything that moves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Why is it the lads that look for advice on pulling girls always always feel the need to talk themselves up in looks and previous pulling power? If you were that good you'd have no problem.

Whining, insecurity and childish boasting look to be your faults. Just don't think and get on with it. Simple as.

Advertisement