Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kate Middleton Topless Scandal

• 18-09-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭

Seems the Royals have won an injunction to stop the publication of the pictures and now there is talk of the Irish Daily Star newspaper closing

Is it a case of mountains out of (small) mole hills :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kwack

I can't understand why she is making such a fuss. The woman was silly enough to sunbathe nude! If the tabloids are allowed show Harrys ginger bollox why not her pics?
    Was disappointed by the pics though not very flattering.... Maybe that's why she is making a big deal out of it now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

MOD NOTE:

Anybody who links to said pictures will be tarred, feathered. Repeatedly. Forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Orish Star won't close ultimately unless Dirty Desmond just wants to exit the Irish market anyway, he owns the name and provides about half the content so the paper would be as good as dead. I expect the editor Michael O'Kane to walk the plank though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

No time for royalty, wouldn't mind seeing them run out of their palaces and use them as giant squats. I do think though, that everyone should be entitled to privacy in their lives. Celebs or otherwise, unless they are walking down the street in the nip they aren't "asking for it".

I would consider where the royal spongers were holidaying was entirely private and they shouldn't have to worry about being photographed.

_62942087_chateau_dautet_624.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I didn't know that royalty had such things as boobs, we'll be told next that they even go to the toilet like normal people.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LadyLuck2012

I feel so sorry for that poor girl, she was out on holidays in a private location and some creep of a photographer, was miles away and snapped her topless, the woman is entitled to sunbathe topless on holidays in private and some photographer took that away from her! Have no respect for the photographer or the Irish Daily Star no more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

So Ireland proposes tougher privacy laws because of an English duchess. Interesting. Dont waste your time worrying about the privacy of the privileged, we all feel a bit sorry for Kate but it doesnt affect any of us

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I didn't know that royalty had such things as boobs, we'll be told next that they even go to the toilet like normal people.:eek:

Pictures soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bornslippy

I took a photo of topless flats in Seville place when they were being demolished.Privacy and security questions were rife but I managed to get through any undue publicity.It doesn't affect Ireland in any form and if we repeal our laws on the basis of an English person on holiday in France it is totally ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

They should have ignored the publicity and the papers would stop printing them.
    She is entitled to privacy but she should know the media will hound her no matter where she is.
    I think she and her advisers/minders were a little Naive.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

the picture's ain't ****. She's got no tits really. Fat kids in primary schools have bigger jugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

the picture's ain't ****. She's got no tits really. Fat kids in primary schools have bigger jugs
    How do you know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭TheBoss!

I don't really care about them taking the pictures (although I do think that photos taken when you are on private property should be illegal to publish) but what I find more reprehensible is so called journalists discussing the shape of her breasts. In not only comes across as mean, but ultimately how classless they are.

You expect those type of comments on a YouTube video but not from the media and especially not from the media of the country where this young woman is from. Had she been guilty of making similar comments herself, then you would perhaps excuse it, but she seems to be quite a decent sort and so I find it callous and totally inappropriate. Hope they enjoy spending their ill gotten gains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'm not a big fan of the royal family, but whether someone is famous or not, it is a serious invasion of privacy to intrude on private property and take pictures of someone without their consent, especially in these circumstances. The magazine can say that the photos aren't "the least bit shocking", but they knew well what kind of reaction they'd get by publishing them otherwise they wouldn't have published them at all. There really is no concept of boundaries at all in gutter journalism.

That all said, it doesn't seem like the royals went to the same lengths to retrieve the photos of Harry running around Las Vegas, sh*tfaced, with no clothes on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 coolgal52

Who cares I mean she isn't our future queen and I agree pictures weren't particularly flattering. not exactly lady like either sunbathing topless, she's very naiive to think she could get away with it, I mean come on! she's the one who should feel stupid for sunbathing topless!

coolgal52 wrote: »
    Who cares I mean she isn't our future queen and I agree pictures weren't particularly flattering. not exactly lady like either sunbathing topless, she's very naiive to think she could get away with it, I mean come on! she's the one who should feel stupid for sunbathing topless!

notsureifsrs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

In fairness, if you are the subject of press interest, you should bear that in mind when taking your clothes off (or indulging in any other news-worthy activity). If the photographer is not on private property where is the fault?

This is taking it a step too far publishing these pics of her. They should leave her alone but hopefully she will learn from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

Nice ass stunning girl.

Didn't think she was that hot, thought she all bone, very thin etc but she isn't

She has as smashing body, perfect really, could do with a little bigger boobs maybe.

• Advertisement

This is taking it a step too far publishing these pics of her. They should leave her alone but hopefully she will learn from this.

Why is she different from other celebs who have no privacy?

Her own fault for going naked, she will know better next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

RoverZT wrote: »

She's not. Nobody should have pictures of themselves derobed on their own private property published. What people do in the confines of their own property is their business, not anyone else's. Gutter journalism has no boundaries, and it's pretty distasteful, whether it's Kate Middleton or anyone else.

It is her own fault for being so naive in the first place but she thought she was in a private setting.
    What is to be gained from publishing these pics of her ?
    Is the press going to hound her like they did princess Diana.

It is her own fault for being so naive in the first place but she thought she was in a private setting.
    What is to be gained from publishing these pics of her ?
    Is the press going to hound her like they did princess Diana.

That's the life she chose.

She could have went with a normal fella if she wanted privacy.

Public own her now.

They probably will hound her.She is set up for life and rich beyond her wildest dreams, so it's not all bad.

Like all the wags etc she can't put a front a wrong or else front papers.

I would take that life myself if given the chance?

Would you?

Would you?

Not in a million years no amount of money is worth the stress involved.
    Her life is not her own constant pressure to look good watch everything she says and no privacy.
    Who do you trust in this position ? Is everyone out to get something to use against her. She loves him so she has chosen this life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Kate has to understand that she signed up for this when she married William. The press hunted down Diana literally to the death. Her car was speeding to get away from Paparazzi, They were chasing her practically ran her off the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Kate has to understand that she signed up for this when she married William. The press hunted down Diana literally to the death. Her car was speeding to get away from Paparazzi, They were chasing her practically ran her off the road.

Really? I thought the finding was that her driver was drunk at the wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd say being chased by a phalanx of paps of motor scooters was a contributory factor.

People who wish to discuss the demerits of the subject's figure; Take it elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 hilda781

I am inclined towards the view that KM should have known not to be in the nip outside.

Advertisement