Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you save weekly/monthly?

Options
  • 18-09-2012 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what is the average amount that people can afford to save on a weekly or monthly basis in the current recession? With so many people on the dole especially, I'm wondering is saving still popular and where do most people save.

I'm not particularly interested in interest rates etc....just basic old school type of putting a few bob away regularly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tenner a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Thats a real "how long is a piece of string" type question..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I try to save 20% of my income a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

It depends on your salary mostly I suppose.

I'm trying to save €500 per month (after pension) at the moment, tryin to get that deposit ready when I buy a house.... Some day. It's tough going and sometimes I have to sacrifice going out for lunch or a few pints but I'm trying to see the bigger picture.

I've a figure set out in my head to reach so when I get to it, I'm buying a motorbike!

Advertisement