Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice appreciated (Development/Game PC)

Options
  • 18-09-2012 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi All,

I need to sort out a new computer fairly rapidly as college is resuming and I don't want to be forced to rely on the lab computers. Current computer isn't running Win7/Eclipse/Visual Studio/etc too nicely so need something better.

I've been looking on the dell site at things within my budget (€900) which seem good but then when you search the supplied individual parts such as the graphics card, the reviews aren't all that great.

I was advised to build my own. I'm a CS student and have some experience with hardware but I don't think I'd want to build it by myself, so am looking for it to be built, and am most certainly not confident in actually choosing parts.

Anyway, to fill out the form:

What is your budget? [€900]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Software Development, Gaming (COD, BF3, similar)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No.

5. Do you need a monitor? No but I do intend on upgrading my current one in a year (1920x1080 current resolution)

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? If it's done for me :)

8. How can you pay? Visa debit, bank transfer

9. When are you purchasing? Probably next week

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Yes, south Dublin

What are your thoughts? Is it possible to get a good PC built, quickly, in that budget or am I better off just buying from Dell/Alienware?

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement