Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recieving calls?

Options
  • 18-09-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi i keep getting calls from the 018035145?
    It only rings for a second and hangs up and i do not have sufficent credit to call back. any help be wonderdful

Justin O' Keeffe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Justin,

If you forward me by private message your Electric Ireland account number and your name/address in full as they appear on your account, as well as either your date of birth or your phone number as it appears on your account, I will have a look to see what notes are there in relation to these calls.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3 1bullet

I'm afraid your receiving bullying tactics from a collection mob.. They won't answer the phone, to try to stress you out... ..;) Ignore them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi there,

If a customer is receiving reminder calls in relation to an overdue bill, we would urge them to contact us (they can do so here on Boards.ie if they wish) to set up a payment plan or move a due date out (so long as it is not too close to the next bill) in order to eliminate the reminder calls. We can also check to see whether a customer in arrears would be eligible to have a keypad (pay-as-you-go) meter installed to help clear the arrears.

The agreed payment terms are: bill to be paid in full two weeks from the issue date of the bill. If it is not possible to meet the above, it is important to let us know, so that we can assist/come to an arrangement. Even if a customer is able to pay the bill e.g. a week later, it is required that we be advised, so that we can input this information to the system.

A customer can also, if they wish, make pre-payments any time over the two-month period between bills, in order to have the bill total reduced by the time it is issued. Here is a list of payment methods. In relation to the EasyPay card, we can issue one to a customer if they request it.

Finally, in order to eliminate an over-estimated bill, customers are urged to submit meter readings to us if possible - here are the ways in which to submit a meter reading. ESB Networks endeavours to read a meter four times per year and the remaining two bills are estimated.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Hi Electric,

I have recieved a call, this morning, I am moving out of my house in two weeks, Can I pay my bill off in installments over the next few months as I will have no other electricity bill coming through. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Tucker688,

Did you discuss a payment arrangement with the agent who called? We can set one up for you, but any subsequent bills (i.e. the final bill which issues once you close the account) would need to be paid within the usual credit terms of 14 days.

If you send your account details to us via private message (click here), including your full name, contact number/date of birth, we can look into this for you.

Regards,

David.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Can the final bill be paid in an instalment plan through the post office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Tucker688,

It can yes, but that would mean cancelling any previously agreed payment arrangements. It's best not to set one up if you don't think you'll adhere to it, as there is a limit on how many such arrangements we can set up for a customer if they haven't been honoured in the past.

For general information on closing your account and paying your bill, see here.

Thanks,

David

Advertisement